Installation package incomplete

Last night I set up my new Computer. The first Software I installed was Hitfilm (guys, take this as a compliment). After Installation I got an error MSxxxx120.dll missing.

I know it's part of the visual C++ runtime so I got it from MS. Maybe it's helpful for new users to either add a link to that packes on you pro side (http://hitfilm.com/support/hitfilm-pro/), or an advice or add this to the installer of Hitfilm.

BTW: Before installing pro I made the mistake installing Hitfilm Pro 2017 which worked and startet. I then deinstalled it and installed Hitfilm Pro.

Comments

• @Juda1 ; FWIW, you wouldn't necessarily had to have uninstalled Pro 2017 to install the new Hitfilm Pro (except for hard drive space considerations.)  You can have a number of versions installed with no conflicts, but can only run one at a time.  Just throwing it out there...

• @tddavis I thought so technically. But since I upgraded the Hitfilm 2017 license is I thought it may not be valid and beside I have nothing special in 2017 Version which is not included in 2018 version. Maybe Support can confirm that. May I still use it even if I upgraded? 

• Juda, you can use any and all versions you have concurrently. I have Hitfilm's 2 Ultimate, 3, 4, 2017, and 6 Pro and Express 2017 on one machine. No problems. 

• This should be fixed in the update we pushed today.

• @Juda1 thanks for reporting this. The update that came out today (version 6.1) contains the missing MSVC runtime. Please contact support if it still doesn't work.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment