Windows 7 Support?

2»

Comments

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@Palacono Ummm no. I hate to burst your bubble but this started with Windows 8 which required a Microsoft ID. Windows 8.1 removed that requirement. Windows 10 has always encouraged entering a valid Microsoft ID like a Hotmail ID during the OOBE setup stage even offering to help you create one instead of using a traditional style local account login. You actually have to go a little out of the way to not enter one. It's really a key part of how the whole Windows ecosystem now works. One login across all Windows/Microsoft devices, services and software - phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, Xbox, OneDrive, Office all in sync via your Microsoft ID. Local account logins can be switched to using a Microsoft ID at will and vice versa. Potential privacy concerns aside and unusually for something from Microsoft, it all just works. Even for my 74 year old mother. Who has and uses everything I just listed. And was playing Witcher 3 on her Xbox One when I called her earlier today. 

Your "mistake" as such, was trying to force part of that ecosystem, Windows Mail, to use a Microsoft ID without letting any other part of the system to use the same ID. That's something you might not have been able to do easily.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment