H.264 mov

Where is the H.264 codec for mov format in hitfilm pro (latest version)

Comments

• Are you on a Mac?

It has never existed for Windows and still does not. AVC/H.264 supported in mp4 container only.

• @NormanPCN that's really stupid, after effects has the ability to export. Mov h.264 on a Windows why can't hitfilm do that 

• I don't know why you would do that because MP4 and MOV are just containers, and MOV requires you to have QuickTime...

• Um, I'm from Missouri today... I see no export option for a h.264 mov container in AE or the Media encoder.

Could you please show me... ???

• That video looks like AE on a Mac.

Again, I asked first, are you on a Mac? If you are then the Hitfilm docs say that...

Export Formats

Additional supported export formats include:

Quicktime .MOV: AVC/H.264, Apple Pro Res 422, Apple Pro Res 4444 (24-bit & 32-bit) & Photo-JPEG.

This stuff is realistically using the Apple video subsystem on the Mac OS.

The second question is, why are you so hot for AVC in a MOV container?

AVC in an MP4 container is just as playable and just as portable as AVC in MOV. AVC+MP4 might be more portable.

• Yep. I see the option now on the PC. Didn't think it would be there by default like on the native Mac OS. +1

• @NormanPCN no im not on a mac...and I would like to use H.264 .mov file on my pc because my professor requires me to export things in a .mov file h.264

• @Anderson01498 In this case if you change the extension to MOV, it'll work and your professor will probably never notice. If you really want to play it safe, a simple FFMpeg command, ffmpeg -i "%~1" -c:v copy -c:a copy "%~p1%~n1.mov", in bat file, will rewrap any mp4 you drag and drop on it to MOV. There's a also an older GUI for FFMpeg called Video Container Changer if you don't want to deal with the command line. 

• @Aladdin4d thanks for your help

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment