Lego Lava, from South Park : The Fractured But Whole

edited November 24 in HitFilm User Gallery

Hello everyone.

I just discovered HitFilm a few days ago, while searching for a new video editor and, I have to say, I really like it .

This is the first project that I have done using HitFilm.  I did the compositing in Nuke and used HitFilm to add the audio, the two cartoon windows and do the final export.

The shot is a live-action re-creation of the lego lava from the video game South Park : The Fractured But Whole.  It's best viewed in HD.

Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6COoY1Wuf4

Comments

• Very fun!  The tracking and composite of the lava bricks is really clean, and I like the bits of flame that appear as they fall from the step onto the pile below.  Adding the PIP elements from the game is a nice touch.  My only question is why it cuts to black before the audio is done.  I'm guessing you didn't capture enough live action footage to last as long as the audio.  That aside, I really like it, and look forward to seeing more from you!

• Thank you very much for the feedback.

You are correct.  It cuts to black because the live-action footage ran out.  I shot several takes and the one I used was the longest, but it still wasn't long enough.

If I'm honest, though, I kind of like that it cuts to black just as he says the word "Chaos!"

Thanks again.

• @Heroblob Yes, +1 to jsbarrett's comment about tracking and falling bricks!  It is so smooth.  A thought I had about the end; you could use a free asset of TV static and throw in some glitches right when the footage runs out to further amplify the "Chaos!" exclamation. 

• That's a good idea.  Thanks .

Sign in to comment