Pro 2017: Audio/Video Auto Sync?

So I am finally getting around to merge the audio/video from my camera to my separately recorded audio files from my TASCAM DR 60-II. My talent did the "slap hands" thing. Both camera and Tascam were rolling.

Transcoded the footage from my camera to Cineform. Loaded the Tascam wav file and the transcoded footage from the cameras (checked no pulldown settings were on). Selected both loaded media and merged.

What the heck!? This feature couldn't be more off! I mean SECONDS OFF. I can clearly see the clap on BOTH audio timelines. I can do a better job manually lining up the Tascam clip with the video.

I've done this with two totally different cameras, testing both...same results.

What am I ignoring that could be obvious?

Comments

• So I am finally getting around to merge the audio/video from my camera to my separately recorded audio files from my TASCAM DR 60-II. My talent did the "slap hands" thing. Both camera and Tascam were rolling.

Transcoded the footage from my camera to Cineform. Loaded the Tascam wav file and the transcoded footage from the cameras (checked no pulldown settings were on). Selected both loaded media and merged.

What the heck!? This feature couldn't be more off! I mean SECONDS OFF. I can clearly see the clap on BOTH audio timelines. I can do a better job manually lining up the Tascam clip with the video.

I've done this with two totally different cameras, testing both...same results.

What am I ignoring that could be obvious?

• Bump. Any responders on this? I'm going to take this to a different forum thread.

• @aknittel Have you started recording the audio or video first? How far apart did you start those two recordings?

Usually this feature works best if you start the audio first and then the video within the next 20 seconds.

PS: if you do not get an answer on the forums, you can always contact support

Sign in to comment