Save properties as presets

I have clips that are originally always of the same size and type and I end up applying the same modifications of scaling and rotation to them every time. Is there a way to make a preset of clip properties that can be applied to a certain clip like you can do with presets?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Not as such. The closest workaround I can think of  to this is a little clunky and might not actually be easier or faster.

Create a Composite Shot. Name this "Media Holder." Media Holder should be the size (pixel dimensions)  you want your photo to be IN YOUR FINAL VIDEO. For now, stick a plane layer (any color but black) in this comp so you can see what you're doing.

Create a second Composite Shot, named "Media Transform." Drag in Media Holder and to your scale/rotate/position on the Media Holder layer. 

Save this as a project. 

By using the "Import Composite Shot" option (it's in a dropdown menu next to the Import button in the Media Bin) you can import this rig into other projects. Copy your picture into the Media Holder and the animation propagates. 

That said you can copy/paste multiple properties from one clip to another in one shot (Ctrl+click, say, scale, rotation and position, then copy/paste to another clip), so, again, I don't know if this saves time. 

• So one option would be to have a dummy clip to serve as donor for settings which I could directly apply to another clip. Will try that, thanks.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Yeah, that would likely work as well. :) 

Sign in to comment