Export speed - compare times

I am curious as to the export times of other peoples videos.  Obviously everyone is making different videos with different frame rates, complexity, different PC specs etc, but despite all that, we're all aiming to export the best quality video we can make, and I am curious about the general export time performance people get.

For me, my typical 11min video takes 30mins to export.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

It's a bit of a meaningless question without knowing exactly what is being exported and everyone's hardware.

Way back when there was a Benchmark thread with a specific project used for comparison, but this project uses the particle sim and would be Pro-only.

Anyways, my export times depend on the project. A simple 30 second title sequence where my BG layers are proxies takes 45 seconds to render. A 10 second demo I rendered last night took two minutes. On the other hand a 30 second shot I did with 200,000 3D models duplicated via the particle sim took 26 hours to render. 

• @Triem23 "30 second shot I did with 200,000 3D models duplicated via the particle sim"

Asteroid belt? planet rings?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@NormanPCN planet rings, spaceships, thrusters, weapons, explosions, and background planet all in one particle sim.

This one.

https://youtu.be/Pqr6aUeUzGs

• @triem23 that is an awesome video.

I'm just curious at the typical wait times people have for their own version of a circa 10min export.  Nothing scientific about it. :-)

Sign in to comment