Hitfilm Express 2017 is crashing repeatedly

edited October 16 in Express Support

Hi there,
a noobie here and enjoying working with Hitfilm Express so far a lot.
Unfortunately I had Hitfilm crashing repeatedly since the beginning.

Here are the specs:

OS -> Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU -> Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz   Ivy Bridge 22nm Technologie
RAM -> 8,00GB Single Kanal DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
HD -> 119GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Seri (SSD)
 + 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA)
GPU -> (had the crash with the older one Geforce 210 before) -> now 
2047 MBNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (ZOTAC International)

So what happens:
Hitfilm crash/popup comes up of a sudden while having an open project (the last one has 55 objects). Sometimes the crash appears after exporting to mp4 (1980, YouTube).
The export is always successful, but after that it can happen that the popup
"We're sorry
Hitfilme Express 2017 encountered a problem and has to exit. To help us fix the problem, please send the crash report to us." appears (it's always this popup).

I have no idea what this is. At first with the old and lame 210 Card I thought this could be the reason, but still with the new GTX 1060 , which I bought because of the recommendations here and elsewhere, the error is still there.

I've send the error-log several times before, this time with my actual mail-adress.

One additional info (don't know if this important): I have Hitfilm Express installed on the second HD, the 1863GB Seagate SATA, not on the C:/ HD (the SSD) -> could this be meaningful?

Any help is very appreciated
cheers, Thom

Comments

• Irritating. This thread seems to have disappeared - now it's back - and the comment count in the list view shows up with one comment. But I cannot see  it - so sorry for adding this unnecessary test-comment here (which could be deleted laters).

• Sorry about that, your thread got gobbled up by the automated spam filter. I restored it this morning while going through the system.

• Ah - thanks Daniel - good to know.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Hmmmm... Possible the older GPU is causing a bottleneck with the new GPU?

Double check you've run all outstanding Windows updates (I just did this on my own Win 7 a few days ago and it helped with some issues), and double-check you've got the most current Nvidia driver.

If the issue persists, it's probably best to directly contact support at hitfilm.com/questions/submit

• Thanks Triem23,

I have the old GPU/card removed, so now only the GTX 1060 is here. (no error indications). I have done all the latest "important" updates for Win 7, but will check now through the optional updates - maybe there is something in the box. The NVIDIA-Driver is the latest (387.92 ).

Thanks again for your advice - will probably then contact the support if nothing changes here.

• @Thomekk The crash when importing media sounds like a known issue with Dell Backup and Recovery or Alien Respawn. If you have either of those softwares please try to uninstall it and try again.

http://hitfilm.com/faqs/view/78

•  Thanks for taking your time Cedric,

it's not happening via import of media. Always after having opened a project with some stuff and while moving/editing in the timeline or after successful export.  I don't have the Dell Backup and Recovery / Alien Respawn installed.
    Have sent now the formular to support and got a ticket.

• @Thomekk Ah well it was worth checking about those. I'll leave it with you and the support then. Feel free to post your solution on here when it gets resolved, in case it helps someone else.

• Sorry for the late reply!

Just wanted to let you know:
    Axel sucessfully helped me out (thanks a lot!!) - and it seems to have been at first sight a typical noob mistake by myself as some of my footage has been not in CBR   After transcoding all the stuff with the same CBR Settings everything went more smoothly for sure.

Just a tiny "but":
    Working in Hitfilm Express 2017 gets well along, though after closing a project still very often this small alert appears after closing Hitfilm:
    Errorhttp://www.musik-und-text.de/27-11-_2017_12-25-35.png

This happens after closing several projects (so it seems not to dependent on one of them). All of them have media with the correct same CBR as well as the corresponding project settings. So this is no "biggie" for me, as I can work with the program. Just wanted to let you know.

And a big thanks to this community! Searching through the forum alongside with checking out lots of tutorials has helped me a lot.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment