Echo in My video's that's not there before.

Dear Hitfilm Community, 

I have been using your software for about 6 months and I am glad that I installed it. However, a problem has occured that I can't fix. This has brought my attention to the hitfilm forums and I desperately need help. Much thanks if you can help.

Problem:

I record my gaming videos with obs and use a program called voicemeeter with my blue snowball. I use your editing software to edit my youtube videos. My audio is crisp and clean when I watch the recording. However, when I transfer the video footage/ audio to hitfilm, I can hear an echo in the recording and is very annoying. Plus, it ruins the perfect crispiness that is my audio. Please help. If you have the slightest idea of what may be the problem, then please consider responding. Thanks for reading this forum post. 

Comments

• Dear Hitfilm Community, 

I have been using your software for about 6 months and I am glad that I installed it. However, a problem has occured that I can't fix. This has brought my attention to the hitfilm forums and I desperately need help. Much thanks if you can help.

Problem:

I record my gaming videos with obs and use a program called voicemeeter with my blue snowball. I use your editing software to edit my youtube videos. My audio is crisp and clean when I watch the recording. However, when I transfer the video footage/ audio to hitfilm, I can hear an echo in the recording and is very annoying. Plus, it ruins the perfect crispiness that is my audio. Please help. If you have the slightest idea of what may be the problem, then please consider responding. Thanks for reading this forum post. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Ok, you're recording via OBS and Voicemeeter.

Is it possible you're recording voice to both the OBS and Voicemeeter tracks? This would explain the echo (Voicemeeter would have a latency gap).

Side note. Obviously I merged your threads. We'll take any and all questions, but only one thread per question, please. Otherwise responses get fragmented and difficult to follow. 

• First off, sorry for the double thread. Secondly, I only record with my audio in obs so I know that's definitely not the problem. I record my video as an mp4 file and I watch my footage in my folder. The problem I have is with hitfilm. Hitfilm makes it sounds different. Is it ok if I make a video real quick and show you what I mean?

• Voicemeeter is a virtual mixer isn't it? 

Sample videos are always appreciated. If you can do both, an untouched original and one post HitFilm would be best so others can try to duplicate the issue.

• Voicemeeter is an installation I use to make my blue snowball sound like a studio mic. It definitely does the job. 

I'll make 3 videos:

1. Normal video

2. The "echo" video

3. Both combined and telling you what I'm meaning to say. 

• Original Video:

Pay attention to the echo-e-ness. This is the clip that I want it to sound like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLTq7F9y5nU

Bad audio quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NZMLNg0Bnw&feature=youtu.be

• Explanation Video:

You can hear the echo-e-ness in the video because of youtube I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHnl-LYIW5g&feature=youtu.be

• @TheBitterBolt2 ; I cannot be certain, but to my old ears it doesn't really sound echo(y) as much as it sounds as if it's been amplified a tad.  It just has a louder sound to it than the original.  On a guess, I hear music and such in the first vid that I can't make out in the original.  Did you run the audio of your voice through a mixer to blend in the that other sound?  That may be where your voice layer is picking up extra volume/amplitude???  Don't rightly know the exact term there.  Hope you solve your problem, and wish I could offer real help other than observations.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

No need to apologize. Since the forum has multiple sub-forums, people often create multiple threads. It's just easier to trace a conversation in a single thread, and I think most of the long time users go right to the "All Discussions" view so we see everything.

I don't use OBS or Voicemeeter so my first guess is all I had. Hopefully Aladdin4d or @Stargazer54 or @NormanPCN will come up with something. They are probably the three biggest tech experts here, and know a wider range of software than I. 

• I'm out. I have OBS for capture/codec tests but I don't have  a mic in my system to capture audio during the process.

• For some reason when I put the clip into Hitfilm, you can hear a slight difference in sound. Maybe it has something to do with the project audio file and hitfilm's settings.

• Is there like any advice that I can at least try to fix?

• Oh wait, would it be possible that my audio recording software could be the problem? I may be using more tracks then I need. Hold on. I need to tinker with some settings.

• Coming in late, and I can't watch anything but the original video.  I'm guessing the ones with the echo examples have been pulled?

At any rate, curious to know if your testing has led to any improved results.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment