hitfilm express wont load anymore.

So the program was working fine before on my computer. Than my operating system kept bugging me about an update. Once i ran the update hitfilm wont load. I rather not roll back the update because it will just start bugging me to update again.

the debug log shows.

[0914/025648:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
[0914/025648:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
[0914/025845:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
[0914/025846:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

windows 10 64bit home

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32.0 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

Comments

• Also already tried to do a repair. uninstalled and reinstalled. re-downloaded and installed.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

There have been two known issues that could be affecting you. They happen to be related.

Issue 1: Recent Windows Updates have been rolling back GPU drivers to the initial version. Keeping GPU drivers "current" is important for Hitfilm

Issue 2: Recent Nvidia drivers have a bug that has been conflicting with Hitfilm This thread has information on downloading and installing the last known Hitfilm-compliant GeForce drivers:

http://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/44621/using-hitfilm-express-pro-2017-on-machines-with-nvidia-optimus#latest

• That debug log output is a harmless issue that we're aware of. It's coming from a 3rd party component.

The application not launching could be a signing issue. Please check that your PC's date and clock settings are correct.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Danny77uk that's a thing? Noted... 

• thanks for trying to help ive been trying different stuff so far no joy. rolled back drivers, installed a bunch of random video drivers releases. i even rolled back the update i did that started the problem. still no joy. my date and time is correct.

what it keeps doing is the creen pops up as blank black. than you click on it it turns white and prompts for non response shutdown. I really was getting use to it. not sure what else to try.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment