Unwanted Freeze Framing

I have a short video that opens with a PNG graphic and dissolves into the first shot of a pre-edited video. For some reason the fist frame of the video is staying in a freeze frame as the video plays. If I stop it then play again the freeze frame goes away.

The problem is that it's Exporting with the freeze frame. This is my first project with HItFilm so I don't know why this is happening or how to correct it.

Can anyone provide an answer?

Thanks.  

Comments

• First off, this should probably go into one of the Support forums (either for Express or Pro) because it's definitely a support question.

Which version of HitFilm are you using? (Pro vs Express, plus version number)

Can you post a screenshot of your editor timeline showing how you've arranged your clips?  That might give some clues as to the behavior you mention.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

And we'll want to know your computer's CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage. Probably the file type and codec of your video. 

Let's assume your computer has an Nvidia GPU. There is a known issue from a buggy set of Nvidia drivers discussed here. 

https://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/44621/using-hitfilm-express-pro-2017-on-machines-with-nvidia-optimus#latest

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment