NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

I am wondering as I got the chance to get a laptop rather cheap and it's specs are actually above my current laptop. Only thing I am curious about is the gpu and if it falls under the 9 series. And if so would it be better than my current laptop that has a 2 gig Intel HD 4000. I know I currently can't run Hitfilm 4 Pro anymore on this laptop as it is super unresponsive although it would run 3 pro just fine. old laptop is an i3 8 gigs of ram and 2 gig Intel HD 4000. The one I have the chance to pick up cheap is an i7 16 gigs of ram and the 2gig GeForce 940MX. And I understand it would be at the lower specs but would it run Hitfilm 4 pro or 2017 pro better than my current laptop. Mainly just for editing and some keying would be all I would do on the laptop. I have a desktop that can handle Hitfilm rather smoothly so for more intense work I could use it. But would like to be able to use the laptop again to be able to relax in a comfy chair and not be locked into a room with just the hum of the cpu fans trying to put me to sleep like a snake charmer.

Comments

• n/m I was allowed to test drive it and it does run Hitfilm 2017 Pro so I guess it's sold. Being I have been itching for a while since Hitfilm 4 stopped working on my old laptop. So mark this one done/solved/or irrelevant.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment