Dragonball family

edited August 5 in HitFilm User Gallery

So I made this over a course of a month and a half for a contest. I prob could have made a faster if i wasn't chasing my baby girl all over the place lol. So i hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57OQKAUo0aw

Comments

• edited August 5

edit

• That.  Is.  FUN!  :D

I love the concept. Great editing and effects.  My one quibble: pacing.  It drags just a little.  That aside, this really made me laugh!

• @jsbarrett Thank you for the feedback. Yes my wife said the same thing that it dragged a little(she's my harshest critic lol).  I'll try for my next one to be paced better. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I laughed out loud when yiu got knocked into the clouds! 

Fun is the description. Totally fun! 

I had no issues with the pacing. If this were a real DBZ episode it would have taken five minutes just to power up! ;-) 

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

This is awesome!!!! 

• I'm not overly familiar with DBZ but I really enjoyed this. Fun video with some really good fx as well.

• Thanks everyone, @triem23 I remember  when I was coming home from school trying to catch Dbz  and getting frustrated when goku powers up for 5 episodes straight lol.

• @Triem23 Just watched it again.  I haven't watched a ton of anime, but I'm familiar with the pacing they use for these kinds of situations.  The overall pacing of this does feel pretty good, but some of the shots just feel a hair long, like the shot near the end when mom enters the room.  There's a lot of unnecessary dead time at the head of the shot before she enters.  Similar issues exist in varying degrees throughout the short.  If I somehow implied that it needed drastic pacing changes, that wasn't my intent.  It could just use little tweaks here and there to tighten up the edit without affecting the spirit of the piece.

• @jsbarret i knew what you meant because my wife felt espically that part with her at end needed to be quicker.  I won the contest which is cool. It was  a shirt and a shout out on their channel. But I am happy that people have enjoyed it.

• Awesome!  Congrats on winning the contest! :D

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Nice! Congrats! 

• Finally got a chance to view this and had to say I had a smile on my face the whole way thru it.

Awesome job. :)

• Thanks we were definitely excited. @scottreid thank you and that's awesome to hear that you had a smile on your face. You should see my daughter watch it, she flips out everytime when she hits me through the ceiling  lol.

Sign in to comment