[SOLVED] How to Reverse/Undo Transparent Text Color?

edited August 2 in Pro Support

Hello,

I downloaded a template and in it the text boxes have a transparent (alpha) fill color and a colored outline. Basically "framed" text. Now, whenever I try to create a new text box or try to add a fill color instead of transparent, it doesn't work. It will stay transparent, regardless if I select a fill color.

It's driving me crazy, any ideas?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Which template? 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I'd forgotten how pretty that one really is.

@JavertValbarr , man we organize our layouts differently!

So there are two text boxes.

Track 3: Title is a solid fill and no outline. Tons of effects giving it that lovely gleam.

Track 2: Title Outline is a transparent fill and a solid outline. To change this back to having a solid fill, click the color picker box, then in the numerical dialog look for an "Alpha Value" or "Alpha Channel" box. Set this to 255.

If a new box is giving you a transparent fill, see "Track 2: above." In Hitfilm a new text box defaults to the style of the last created, and since Javert created the outline last Hitfilm is assuming you want to make an new outline.

Now the way Javert set this up it can be stored as a Composite Shot, but you have to change two text layers to change text. The beginning of this tutorial shows a way to create one text layer with an outline, then separate them both. This template variation would be saved as a project, but still imported as a Composite Shot. Neither approach is right or wrong, just different. :-)

• @Triem23

Thanks for the answer :D Oddly enough I just discovered it (alpha channel to 255) before I saw your post :D Completely missed it.

Thanks regardless :)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment