Boris FX is not in the Effects panel...

Dear (wonderful) Hitfilm community and staff,

I have a rather unfortunate problem...no matter where I search, I cannot find any of the Boris FX products! I used to have it, though it was  rather buggy for a while. I tried repairing Hitfilm, but it did nothing.

Thank you,

RoemDaug

Comments

• @RoemDaug - HitFilm includes Boris FX's 3D objects and it installs "BCC_OFX_3DObjects.ofx.bundle"  to the following locations.

PC:

HitFilm Pro 2017: C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\HitFilmPro2017

HitFilm Express 2017: C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\HitFilmExpress2017

Mac:

HitFilm Pro 2017: /Library/OFX/HitFilmPro2017

HitFilm Express 2017: /Library/OFX/HitFilmExpress2017

If you have purchased BorisFX's continuum complete from BorisFX then this plugin is installed to the following locations:

PC: C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins

Mac: /Library/OFX/Plugins

Are you missing the plugin that ships with HitFilm Pro 2017 or one that is an add-on pack for HitFilm Express 2017?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@RobLaycock are you saying all off BCC now works in Hitfilm? In my communications with Boris they told me only the 3D Objects unit shipped with Hitfilm worked with Hitfilm. If all BCC now works in Hitfilm then Boris can have my money as I upgrade my BCC 8 to BCC 10!

• RobLaycockRobLaycock Staff
    edited August 1

Hi @Triem23 - Once activated, HitFilm Pro 2017 loads OFX plugins from the OFX/Plugins directory listed above.

We have only tested BCC 3D objects that ships with HitFilm in HitFilm and so can only state that BCC 3D objects shipping with HitFilm is supported. 

It's best to do as you did and find out from specific third party plugin developers which of their OFX plugins are supported in HitFilm. 

• @RobLaycock I'm using Hitfilm Pro 2017.

• I have spoken to BorisFX and only BCC  10 will load under HiftFilm 4 Pro (can't recall if worked with HF3Pro). I have both BCC 7, 9 and 10. And on my other PC BCC10 loaded under HitFilm 4 Pro. But as I cannot load BCC10 on 2 PCs, I installed BCC9 on this one, and only Boris RED shows up. This is when I asked and was told they only support BCC 10.

RED crashed within HF4Pro.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment