Thank you HITFILM, this is for YOU!

This was not the final version as this version contains unfinished 3D text, some other additions, etc, there was a better version with the help of Triem that had proper 3D text etc, however, after 9hours rendering for some unknown reason the mp4 file wouldn't even play:(  Shattered!

Suffice to say, a THANKS to everyone who helps with HitFilm, and have helped me personally over the last couple of years, just my way to say you are all appreciated.

Sorry if I left anyone out.

Please change setting to 1080p before pressing to play.

UPDATE: This is now the final 3D text version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYmARcoZBI

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

:) sorry you had a glitch render. Maybe start another just before bed, let it run while you sleep. 

• edited July 30

My PC fan was making a funny noise too, maybe it's on it's way out.  Must be working very hard during rendering?

How powerful is your PC Triem? Want to render it for me?  If it only takes a very short time on your PC compared to the 9 hours for my poor PC?:P

• edited July 30

Send it along and I'll render it out for ya. BTW...the dude at the end looks old and tired :-) 

Nice video though. Thanks for the mention sir.

• @GrayMotion you are a champ, thanks:)

This has the proper working 3D text, thanks to Triem's help with that.

I am very keen to hear how long it takes to render on your PC compared to my 9+ hours.

And tell me if you can smoothly work in this project, because I cannot, it's so slow it's unbearable and almost impossible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dirqbja70nbxy3t/HitFilm.zip?dl=0

• Free texture Rock 2010_09_12_09.jpg missing :-)

• It's not used in that project @GrayMotion ;, but if you want to play around with that texture, here it is in any case:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3b9qeiohr092vp/Free Texture Rock 2010_09_12_09.jpg?dl=0

• edited July 31

Check on the rock texture. Look for message in your inbox:

Render time - 2 hrs. 24 min.
    File size - 209mb

• edited July 31

Wow 2.24, please tell me your exact PC specs.

And that looks a lot better thank you very much GrayMotion:)

I've updated the first post with the new link.

Can anyone beat 2:24?:P @Triem23 does your PC beat that using my project?

• edited July 31

So thanks to:
    @AxelWilkinson
    @jsbarrett
    @JavertValbarr
    @Triem23
    @GrayMotion

But I I need some help tagging everyone else, anyone know the forum name for the following people?

Josh Davies
    Andrea Wake
    Rikki Loades
    Robert Laycock
    Kirstie Tostevin

Cheers!

edited July 31

@JoshDaviesCEO ;

@KirstieT ;

@Rikkiloades

@AndreaWake

Sorry, don't know Robert's forum tag, but I'm sure someone will let him know. 

Couldn't tell you about render times. I don't have the media files for the project, and my computer is currently locked up transcoding some 6k RED footage as a favor for a buddy. He's supposed to edit it film, but the DIT didn't do her job, so I did some logging, color matching and transcoding to help out. With luck I'll end up doing the compositing and VFX on the project. Should be fairly easy if I do. A few muzzle flashes a little blood enhancement and adding some digital rain through a window and one one exterior crane. 

• Thanks @Triem23 for posting the tags.

If you ever want to see if your PC is faster and more powerful than @GrayMotion then grab my files and render it.  Time to beat: 2:24:)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dirqbja70nbxy3t/HitFilm.zip?dl=0

• @Yeremah great little video, you know it reminded me a lot of the early Amiga computer renders I used to watch back in early 90s. Might have been the chequered board look.

• edited July 31

Thank you @Andy001z :)

Yes, good pickup, I remember the "battle chess" game on the Amiga, looks like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3rduEzfe_A

• Thanks for the mention @Yeremyah :)

• You're welcome @jsbarrett you are always quick to help others:)

• I don't really want to clutter your "Thank you to Hitfilm" but you asked @Yeremyah ...

Nothing special here...... ASUSTek motherboard, i7 6700K 4.0Ghz,  64GB Ram, Samsung EVO 960 (primary SSD), Toshiba HDWD130 (storage) and a couple of G-Drives, NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB. 

I think if you would have trimmed the jpg's to just where they were showing instead across the entire comp shot your render performance would have been much better. Might have trimmed 4 hours off your render time :-)

Again, thanks for the mention.

For the record, @GrayMotion should have a faster render. Same CPU, same RAM, but I have an Nvidia 980m, which is equivalent to a desktop 770. 

• This is the company I deal with regarding new PC.

@Triem23 and @GrayMotion which PC from this list would you pick to get the most out of Hitfilm?

https://www.pccasegear.com/category/1411/systems

• edited August 1

This is just me but...none on that list as they are spec'ed.

The one listed all have 250-500mb SSD's...way to small IMHO...need at least 1TB... I'd go with the Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB SSD and a Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB...and at least 32GB of ram.

Soo..the Master 1070 with what I said above.

And man....are the prices crazy!!! The land down under must need moe money :-)

Now of course Triem, Norman or Aladdin will be along to correct me but that's my opinion. ... and you know what they say about opinions...everybody's got one just like....well you get the idea

Sorry if I didn't help.

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@GrayMotion I'm not going to correct you at all ;) There's no such thing as too much storage. 

• OK thanks @GrayMotion seems like a time for me to switch PC seller:P

• @JoshDaviesCEO it's the thought that counts, right? :P

• lol that's great....

Sign in to comment