Techradar - HitFilm Express review

I thought it would be cool to share Techradar's review of HitFilm Express, it landed 1 day ago.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/hitfilm-express

No mention of 4k or really anything in depth in this review though, just a heads up.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Oops, they actually are running the logo for Hitfilm 4 Express and call it "version 4." @KirstieT dunno if that's enough to warrant correction? 

• Are they reviewing 4 Express? Now I'm confused, I don't have the same understanding of the software as you do. 

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

Well they are talking about HitFilm 4 Express because the article mentions built in YouTube uploading. What's really bad is they have a link to the official release notes that takes you to the update page for HitFilm Ultimate 1.1.3109!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited July 28

@Aladdin4d Ugh, really? On second read...

They talked about the "new" Derez effect! They discuss Dolby which is part of an add on now! This is a writeup for Ultimate 1.1 slightly rewritten to note that Express is free and actually linking to the old 3 Express download portal... This is a poor excuse for "journalism" and "reviews," and if techradar's mobile site had a "contact us," or the review page allowed comments, trust me, I'd have already corrected them. In one crap article Tech Radar blows a lot of credibility. 

• @Triem23 Click the author's name in the header.  His profile page has all of his contact info, including an email link.

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff
    edited July 28

@Triem23 Thanks for your thoughts on this article! It's true - there are some links here which go to the wrong place. We have contacted the author quite a few times directly about making changes to the article - some of which weren't re-written for this new updated version. 

I've sent him another email - but if anyone else would like to also send him a note, please do. It will be great to see that we have a positive, caring community :)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment