Video Copilot Style Destruction

Comments

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator

@Vespill Maybe I missed a previous thread on this.  This comped in HF?

The shot looks great!  One slight critique is the smoke billowing left of screen looks to be moving a little too fast for the scale of the shot.  Other than that . . . . spot on.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Nicely done! Your damage plates are very well aligned, masked and comped in. I'll agree with Stargazer that the smoke is a little too fast, but that's probably easy to fix. Very nice work. 

• @Stargazer54 I didn't clarify, this was done in AE but I just put it here for feedback. 

• @Triem23 ;

Thanks! 

I'll adjust the smoke, probably also make it darker to better represent the burning building. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Take a look on actionvfx.com They have some free smoke plumes for download which are nice and dark, and are shot at 60fps, so you'll be able to slow them down.

• Good job! nice tracking and compositing. Something that'll make it even better is if you paint out the moving cars and put some cracked textures on the road to make it look like a real earthquake. But you probably knew this since the tutorial goes over it.  Anyways great work!

• Found exactly what I needed on actionvfx. Perfect! 

Sign in to comment