Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

I just wondered and thought it would be a good discussion point especially for some of the heavy hitters at Fxhome axel, Atom, digital corridor, pooky of where they see themselves in five years time.
For myself I hope to have more time to concentrate omn on short films and be working in visual effects to that end I'm taking a year out to learn effects.
So where do you see yourself in five years time?
Would also be interesting to see where FXhome/HitFilm see themselves?
and another question for the FXhome guys? I check both sites daily but is fxhome going to cease with everything eventually moving here. It doesnt seem right to be called FXhome if all you will focus on is photography perhaps a rebranding of the other site is needed?

Comments

• in 5 years I see myself finishing my Theoretical Physics Masters degree (im not aiming too high because i have been accepted for this at UCL). and, with any luck have my book published!
    but as for video work. i see this staying as just a hobby, but best case scenario is i'll be youtube famous, whatever the hell that means. :))
  • So where do you see yourself in five years time?
    Would also be interesting to see where FXhome/HitFilm see themselves?

Well, I hope to see some of my fiction published. That would be a satisfying achievement.
    [quote]and another question for the FXhome guys? I check both sites daily but is fxhome going to cease with everything eventually moving here. It doesnt seem right to be called FXhome if all you will focus on is photography perhaps a rebranding of the other site is needed?[/quote]
    HitFilm.com is the home of our video products and community now. FXhome will be the home of PhotoKey for the foreseeable future. The idea with HitFilm was to give the FXhome filmmaking community a modern forum and social hub, doing a lot of the things we've always wanted to do but weren't able to over on FXhome.com.
  • In five years? I'd like to have written a novel by then. I want to have Hitfilm by then and I'll probably be graduating college about then.
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
    Sitting here trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing with this HitFilm software. :P
    Then maybe I can start production on a movie I've got in the planning.

• in 5 years I see myself finishing my Theoretical Physics Masters degree

Woah nice!
    5 years time eh.. well hopefully by that time I will know a bit more about filmmaking and photography.
  • I might be dead . . . . If not then broke and divorced :))
  • edited August 2011
    In 5 years... I see myself having the VFX know-how of corridor digital and freddiew. And hopefully being somewhat famous on Youtube.
    I also want to start some kind of business with visual effects, but I don't think that's gonna happen for a while... :dry:
  • 5 years time I should hopefully have finished university, and thus hopefully have a nice little job doing Visual Effects. However my main goal is to go to the US and try and get some work over there, if I stay out of the UK long enough my £40,000 uni debt will be wiped.
  • Well I'm finishing my final year at college (taking media). I am then going on to a confirmed place at a new production company that's started. After that year Il be moving on to UNIVERSITY :D, So I guess in 5 years Il be finishing my degree in Editing and sound design.
  • I wih for some filmschool education, maybe about filmproduction, or something like that. Doing big space-fi film, or taking part in the next star gate series. Or doing a sociaty, community for amateur fimmakers like now, but professionally. B-)
    That's the dreams. The reality is something else.
    To be a good daddy for my daugther :)
  • I'm hoping sometime next year to enrol at Escape Studios to do their Online Nuke Course. Would still like to carry on using Vue in some capacity as well.
    But in 5 years I hope to be doing something other than working in IT..!
  • I would like to write a Star Trek novel about the Borg, but the publisher here in the states will not let anyone, so maybe I will be on the big screen!

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment