War short film With stop Motion Animation

Hello, here is a Short WW2 film with stop motion animation we made recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2UmM867ik0

Hope you enjoy.

Comments

• Hi

well the production value and grading of the footage looks nice, acting needs a bit of work but it kind of felt real. However sorry to say the voice over by the sniper totally took me out of the moment, as it sounded like it had been recorded later in a large room, nothing like what it should of sounded like outside with all that other noise. Get rid of the echo, bring it down a tad and blend other sounds over the top now and then to make it tie in.

On the up, stop frame animation was done so nicely I struggled to find it (tanks I assume.)

• Yup, Andy pretty much nailed it with his comments.  Just a few other things I wanted to mention.

• The location title (near the bottom at :09) is difficult to read.  It could be improved with a slightly larger type size, and/or a different typeface
    • To help add impact to the idea that (spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched it yet) the sniper is committing suicide with his grenade, consider teasing the explosion on the final frame of footage before the end title card.  Add a flare near the point of detonation, and increase the highlights, like the grenade is beginning to light up the area.  Maybe even add some camera shake and blur.  All of that just on a single frame, then cut to a full frame of white and fade from that to your end title.
    • Speaking of the end title, the typeface isn't very interesting, and I feel it might read better without the # in there.  You obviously put a lot of work into the rest of the visuals, so it feels like the end title design was a last-minute afterthought.
  • Great stuff well done , it was entertaining. Bit work on the audio as mentioned . A bit of a break down would be nice. How long it take to make and what tricks did you use etc  :)

• Thanks for the great feedback. Sound has never been one of my strong points and its such an important part to the finished film, but i do need to get better at it. 

We had to make a behind the scenes video to go along with it, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n497vAd-0TA&spfreload=5

• Tank scene at the start is awesome

• Thanks for posting the breakdown starstriker . Been wanting to give the use of real life models  and green screen a try for a while now .

• I also thought it was entertaining! The acting needs more work to it and the audio isn't the best I must tell you but I think that these things can be worked out :) I'm a total beginner when it comes to editing so technically I have no reason to judge others. 

• Amazing BTS video!

Sign in to comment