Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Nicely put together and your costumes add some real production value.

Only thing I'll nitpick is the text in the trailer. Arial is... Well it doesn't evoke a horror mood, OR the 19th century time period. The font in the thumbnail would have been a better choice.

• Very nice!  I normally don't like horror flicks, but this actually intrigues me.

Ditto on the ineffectiveness of the Arial font.  It's also a bit small in the frame.  Text needs to be composed just as carefully as footage you're shooting with a camera.

My only other nitpicks are audio-based.  A couple of the clips have audio sync issues.  I only noticed it with one toward the beginning ("Come girls...") and one toward the end ("Stop that, Captain...").  Also, the music overpowers the dialog in a couple places.  I can still make out the lines, but to make it more clear the soundtrack should be ducked, or the dialog boosted.

• Nice!

• edited June 22

thanks for your input guys appreciated, {: the movie is actually HD

QUICKTIME at 185 GB  90 mins as I was going to go for DCP conversion

this trailer is in mpeg2 from AVCHD  uploading the trailer in Quicktime might take 24 hours though lol

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

I liked the trailer but have to agree with @Triem23 about the font. They went nuts with typefaces in the 19th century often using multiple fonts at once. Mixing fonts would be a nice touch I think or go with a Baskerville or Caslon if you wanted an older feel but still keeping things clean. Here's some 19th century examples just for reference. 

• edited June 23

HI yes I agree but couldn't find any that were in the public domain

they all wanted money etc, and my budget was very small , had to avoid copyright as my movie is going to the local cinema , not easy finding fonts

completely copyright free ?? might be ok on youtube but not in cinema

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

Here's free Victorian fonts.

http://www.fontspace.com/category/victorian

Click the Filter button at the top of the list. Check the "Only show commercial-use fonts" box and click the Apply button. You should be left with a list of 48 Victorian fonts completely free for commercial use. 

1001 fonts has a category for fonts that are free for commercial use. (Over 4400)

http://www.1001fonts.com/free-fonts-for-commercial-use.html

If you select another category, like Vintage, the fonts will be mixed use but there are icons that indicate usage restrictions. Green means free for commercial use.  Pink/Red means personal use only.  

http://www.1001fonts.com/vintage-fonts.html

• thanks Aladinn4d ,but I will leave it as it is now, its taken me 18 months

writing it, filming it. editing,and so on,then re,editing in a higher format.

I have a band im starting.  but thanks for helping ,appreciated

also I doubt  it will draw that much interest, even though its a fantastic story ,

but hey ho , that's what you get when you stick your neck out ,and decide to make a movie {:

• Another great font resource (for future reference):

www.dafont.com

• HitFilmer57341 I am not one for horror flicks either but that said the trailer definitely piqued my interest and I would watch the movie.

Definite thumbs up on the trailer.

• hope you guys don't mind ive shared your comments on my facebook page

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Nope. 

Sign in to comment