Activation Problems with HitFilm Express 4 & 2017

Hi, 

I wanted to use Hitfilm 4 Express and signed up for using it, but when I entered the serial code, the programm tells me that "this code is only valid for HitFilm Express 2017".

Sadly, I can't use Express 2017 because it always crashes on startup, I just would want to use version 4, but where can I get a serial number for it?

No matter what I serach for, I always get redirected to the serial code for 2017...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• We no longer issue serial codes for HitFilm 4 Express. Contact Support for help about crashes.

• @JavertValbarr But the program is free ! I'm with same problem.

Well, I'm having a similar problem, I'm having a lot of difficulties with the new hitfilm express 2017, so I opted for hitfilm 4 express, a slightly older version on it, all my problems were solved. But since I do not have the activation code (serial code) I can not export my projects, and the same happens to you. The problems I'm having with the HFE2017 come from my video card, and I can not afford to pay for another one. I would if possible a serial code for the HF4E program, since it is for free, should not be a problem, am I correct?

Translated By: translate google from PT-BR

• edited June 19

@WennZ We no longer issue serial codes for HitFilm 4 Express. Contact Support for help about crashes.

• @Wennz ; until the problem that you're having with HFE2017 is resolved in a future update; why not create your Project in Hitfilm 4 Express, then load that Project into Hitfilm Express 2017 to export it?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Palacono he doesn't have HF4E and is asking for a serial that can't be issued to him. 

• @Triem23 I understood that. But he said he does have HF4E installed and it works for him, he just can't export because of no serial, because he downloaded it too late.

I assume he went back a version when HFE2017 wasn't working for him as people who were previously squeaking by on (or slightly below) the minimum specs with HF4E can't do that with HFE2017.

So, he could (maybe?) use HF4E to make his projects, have fewer crashes (if that's his problem) then see if he can export from HFE2017 until either a) he gets a better PC/GPU or b) some bugs are fixed?

Of course, it still might not work, but his other (no hardware upgrade) alternatives is: a different program entirely.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Palacono. Fair enough, and can't hurt to try :) 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment