Last Shot | Zombie short |

This is a short zombie skit we made all entirely with HitFilm Express! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRfcZL78SbM&t=1s

Comments

• Excellent work!  The flow is really nice.  There are a couple parts in some of the more action-heavy moments where I feel the cut timing could be tightened up a notch, but overall, it's got a great pace, and the ending works really well.

In terms of effects, the final head shot is probably the best.  The gun flashes felt a little under-done to me, like it was just a single flash image used over and over, and it felt like it just turned on, then turned off. More could've been done to make that more organic.

On a performance note, I think everyone did really well, though I gotta say there were moments where it felt like the protagonist was on the verge of a smile as he was trying to fight off the zombie that had him pinned.

Great job on the audio!  Nice choice of background music for both the fight and the ending.  Everything felt like it blended really well.

All in all, a really fun short!

• good one....those are the fasted zombies ive ever seen lol

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Very effective short. It's difficult to build emotional depth and sympathy in something under two minutes, but you and your team made it work. 

Technically, I didn't notice anything off on the muzzle flash like JSBarret, but agree there were just a couple spots that would benefit from a couple of trims, but we're also talking about only a couple of frames here and there. There's a jump cut when the protagonist slumps against the side of the house that's a bit jarring to me. However, it's nothing serious enough to warrant a re-edit. 

That defocus shot with the sun blurring out to creamy bokeh is gorgeous.

Nailed the ending. 

Great work! Be proud of this! 

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator

I was thinking , "Oh boy.  Another Zombie thingy".  But you really pulled it off well.  Nice timing at the end.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Stargazer54 It's the best zombie shorr I've seen since "Cargo," and "Cargo" is the best zombie short I've ever seen, period. 

That's some praise, Tevin. B-) 

• @Tevin231000 Really nice short - both in terms of story and effects. I look forward to seeing more of your work :)

• I really appreciate all of the support and feed back! Thank you guys!:)  

• @Tevin231000 - Wow! Good job! I totally empathized with the main character! I was wondering if he had any bullets left. Hope to see more from you in the future.

• Splendid work. Zombie movies always amazes me.

Sign in to comment