Final Blog Post & Flash Tutorial | My Internship with FXHOME

edited August 14 in Everything Else

Hi everyone! Today is the second day of my 8-week internship with the HitFilm team. I'll be showing up on social media platforms more often once I get all of the general employee introduction stuff done.

I'll be using this account on the Forum for now, since they didn't want to mess up permissions on my inScape Digital one.

Comments

• Enjoy your stay!

• Oh look at you with your fancy 'STAFF' label next to your name. I'm sure they are looking after you, have fun and enjoy your stay here in the UK.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Nice! Enjoy you learning experience! 

• All the best in your journey :)

• Here's my first tutorial for the HitFilm YouTube channel!

https://youtu.be/uQDxkeEZp3I

Called it! :D

• ...and a kick-ass tutorial it is!

• Looks great, Javert!

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

Does the Mercedes come with the internship?

• Real PRO stuff @JavertValbarr , truly amazing results and gives a great idea of Hitfilm's amazing abilities.

• lol @Aladdin4d  you read my thoughts when I first saw it :P

• Awesome, congratulations. :) !!!

• And if you download the project file, there is more in there than in the video. Bonus layer (ground light) and someone had a lot of fun with the stars. :)

Only a few tweaks needed and it all works just fine with Express too. The lens dirt effect doesn't seem to be required when you can just put the .JPG on and keyframe the opacity.

• @JavertValbarr

That was ONE GREAT TUTORIAL! I was looking out for your content on the Hitfilm Channel and I wasn't disappointed! I liked the subject -- and BOI, I'm happy I have mocha and film looks (Thanks FXHOME!)-- and your presenting was great. Keep up the good work Javert!

• Awesome!

• All I can say is FXHOME did not make a mistake bringing you on as an intern.

Great stuff.

• Nice stuff @JavertValbarr

Tutorials have become a bit less about marketing and a bit more useful since you arrived. You are doing a great job along with Axel who always turns out great stuff too. 

Would it just be a white plane to make the typical milky zombie eye?

• So what happens when your 8 week internship is over?

Looking forward to more great stuff from you.

• @DreamArchitect ;You could use a white plane as a base, yes. But I would still add texture with Fractal Noise, desaturate it, and lower the contrast. Maybe add a Blur or two.

@ScottReid At that point I will return to the U.S. I'll be done with school as well, so it'll be time to start my life. Whatever that means!

Whatever it is I'm sure you'll persue it with the same maturity and skill you've already demonstrated. 

• edited July 24

Nice though the tutorial is: it didn't cover - or even mention - the changing skin colour or the veins under the eye, which is a bit frustrating given the thumbnail and intro both show that, as well as completely different vignetting around the eye and some particles. 

It was frustrating when the older tutorials did this. It still is. Read the comments under the video.

If the tutorials can't be longer, or split into two, then at least mentioning that adding more effects improves it even more, or that it's only a partial tutorial, would go a long way to not alienating people who want tutorials to do "... exactly what it says on the tin". or, mention that the downloaded project file does it all (if you have Pro). ;)

• @Palacono good point but I don't think the skin tone or vains had anything to do with the VFX shot, that was just the guys in office taking thier intern out for some R&R the night before the shoot. ;)

• edited July 24

@Andy001z Quite possibly. ;) Well, the good news is that if you download the project file and only have Express, you can recreate the few missing Pro effects with Curves and the Bonfire Effect. Just goes to show how much Express does for free. :)

This is close enough for horseshoes. Download the original project files for the video clip. White Walker Eyes Project Express 2017.hfp

• Final blog post about the internship: http://inscapedigital.com/the-end

@JavertValbarr well, it's a goid thing you've been officially contracted to do the tutorials page, else your new end screen would be obsolete. I'll pretend you added yourself to that in a Machiavellian scheme to do that. ;-) 

Hey, you hit my question I expected you to answer (photo) and the one I didn't expect you to answer (what didn't...)! 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment