[Resolved] Footage zoomed in on Viewer program unusable

edited June 19 in Pro Support

Whenever I try and use the viewer, the footage is zoomed in what looks like around 10x magnification. I set the % in the viewer settings to "Scale to Fit" and it gives me this:

Screen shot

It doesn't help to change any of the % settings. I'm using a Macbook Pro 2017 with 16GB Ram with 3.1 Ghz Intel core i7. Please let me know what I need to do to make this program usable I haven't been able to use it for months because of this issue.

Comments

• What are your project/NLE timeline settings?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

What is the size of your project, what is the resolution of your media? 

Imported photos and video go onto the timeline at 100% of their size. If your project size is, say, 1920x1080  and you've imported, say, 4k footage then you need to scale down the footage by the Transform controls in the Layer Properties for the media. This is different than the viewer scale. 

The software is working as designed. You are in error 

34:50 in this video discusses this. 

https://youtu.be/l0woRFvuM0g

• edited June 1

This is not the case. The viewer is not even centered.  I made a sequence that exactly matched the settings of the clip:

I click yes and this is what I am left with:

When I go to the actual controls of the clip and scale it down to 80%, this is what happens:

The viewer seems to be placed somewhere in the bottom left of the actual composition. I have no idea what's going on but if there is a setting of some sort I need to change or something I would love to know. Thanks.

• I thought it would help to include a picture of the original footage to fully understand how much scaling is going on:

• In your screenshots the "timeline" font size in the viewer and and blue square handle look kinda large. Too big.

There could be a problem with the retina high res display support. Check the app options/preferences with respect to that. You may want to contact support with your question. They will have the most experience with that issue.

• AdyAdy Staff

Issue resolved via a support ticket.

This discussion has been closed.