Electricity Effects in Express

Hello,

Can I get the electricity effect in Express to follow a mask line that I draw? I don,t know if I can do that?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Nope. The Pro-only Neon Path effect is the one that follows specific mask shapes. 

• edited May 25

@Triem23 Shame that. The one effect, that added to Starter Pack, would have seen every single user buy it.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited May 25

@Palacono I was surprised they kept that one Pro Only. I thought it would have ended up in the sci-fi pack. 

• Gotcha, thank you for answering my question!

• @Triem23 well, yes, or in a pack somewhere at least.  Because that effect's like catnip for Motion Graphics artists, as well as being useful for lots of other things.

Not too late to change their minds though. ;)

• @Palacono "Because that effect's like catnip for Motion Graphics artists"

They could create a MoGraph expansion pack. If they copied some other MoGraph effects ideas like Red Giant Universe Logo Motion, animated line, HUD. Things like Line and HUD are somewhat easy to implement when you have OpenGL always available.

Then again, is an Express user going to be a common MoGraph user.

• @NormanPCN they could do lots of things. Let's hope they do some of them.  :)

I still think they'd have got a lot more hits on the Starter Pack (or other addon) with that in it than the people who are upgrading to Pro for dozens of other reasons and won't really notice it's there.

Mine is only one opinion, though. :D

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment