debug.log error everytime Hitfilm Express 2017 closes?

Everytime I close HF Express 2017, there is a file called "debug.log" that gets created in the same folder as the project file is in.

[0522/161810:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
[0522/161810:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

What does this mean?  And is there a fix?

Cheers :)

Comments

• The most recently Pro 2017 update also exhibits this "dropping" by Hitfilm.

This is realistically a diagnostic output that mistakenly(?) got left in Hitfilm Express 2017 and the last Pro 2017 update (released same day as Express 2017). Logs like this are typically not output unless you enable an option that causes their output.

It's harmless and the file is tiny so it's not wasting disk space. I'm it will be tidied up next update. Then you can clean the droppings that remain.

Let's make sure @Ady sees this.

• edited May 25

Thank you @NormanPCN :)

• AdyAdy Staff

Thanks for letting me know guys, I have raised this as an issue.

• Awesome @Ady thank you :)

•  Hi, @Ady,

I keep getting this. I have Windows 10 (up to date) on an Acer laptop. The video is only 14 minutes long. I've sent three crash reports (one adding my email address) today. So I've had to in/out-export half the file. Now it hangs after a couple of navigational commands, eg moving the timeline,switching tabs, when I try to prepare the other half for export. I'd be interested if there is a patch or I have to reinstall. TIA.

• Hi @Ady , I just installed the latest update, wanted to let you know that the "debug.log" file is still being created everytime.

• AdyAdy Staff

@Yeremyah - Yes, sadly there wasn't time to fix this in the latest release. Thanks.

• I understand @Ady , just wanted to let you know in case it was supposed to have been fixed.  Will just wait for the next update. Cheers:)

• AdyAdy Staff

@Yeremyah - Yeah no problem, I appreciate you letting me know. Hopefully it will get fixed shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

• @Yeremyah

The complete list of fixes for update 6 can be found here:

https://hitfilm.com/software-update/hitfilm-express-2017

• edited July 20

@Ady @Danny77uk I installed the latest update, but wanted to report, that even after the update, and restarting Hitfilm, the "debug.log" file is still created everytime I close HitFilm, and contains:

[0720/203743:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
    [0720/203743:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

Running latest version of Windows 10.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment