[Resolved] Neon Path is not exporting correctly in Hitfilm Pro 2017 update 5

Triem23Triem23 Moderator
edited June 19 in Pro Support

I updated the drivers for my Nvidia 980m and installed Hitfilm Pro 2017 Update 5 last night.

I rendered out a queue of projects using Neon Path.

All shots that used Neon Path did not have the Neon Path rendered.

I rolled back the Nvidia driver to the previous version and re-rendered. No Neon Path.

I rolled back my HFP 2017 Update 5 to Update 4 (THIS is why I keep old installers!), and the Neon Path rendered correctly.

I re-upgraded the Nvidia drivers to the current version and re-rendered from HFP 2017 Update 4. The Neon Path rendered correctly.

Conclusion: There is a bug in Hitfilm Pro 2017 Update 5 that is affecting Neon Path.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• I just loaded up my Neon Sign project and exported it. Interestingly, the blue box line was rendered but the "OPEN" red neon path was not. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited May 23

@inScapeDigital The blue box was from a mask, the OPEN was from text, correct?

So we're narrowing down the bug more. :-)

edited May 23

For the record, this is the render from Update 5-- The messed up render.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkS2piz_tEE

And this is the render from Update 4--after uninstalling Update 5 and rolling back to Update 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YcZmDq2MP8

Just comparing the thumbnails you can see the issue.... Or, skip ahead to 18;00 in both videos. One has a bunch of text, the other a blank blue scree that SHOULD be a bunch of text.

•  @Triem23 Looks like you copied the video links from the YouTube Video Manager page. This used to take you to the video, but now it goes to the information/edit page for the video instead. So when I click those links, it takes me to my videos.

edited May 23

@inScapeDigital corrected links above. Thanks.

Also, Javert, now you know what this week's tutorial is. ;-) And one of the two Market Place templates you should be getting.

• edited May 23

@Triem23 Nice! Looking forward to it.

• I can confirm a problem here. I tested my one use of Neon Path. Some text with a rectangle around the text. The Neon path rectangle exported but the text did not. The text and rectangle are separate layers, each using neon path. I exported to Cineform AVI (High). The viewer playback looks fine.

I am also on Nvidia. GTX 980, driver 381.65 on Windows 10 1607.

• Thanks for reporting this, we are working on a fix.

• AdyAdy Staff

This should be fixed now in Update 6.

This discussion has been closed.