Export Issue (GL_INVALID OPERATION) (Resolved)

AdyAdy Staff
edited May 2017 in Express Support
This discussion was created from comments split from: Exporting Issue.

Comments

• Hi!

I´ve downloaded the Hitfilm Express 2017, but I cannot export files from it. There is an issue when I try it. See the messenges below:

"GL_INVALID_OPERATION - The specified operation is not allowed in the current state" and "The offending command is ignored and has no other side effect than to set the error flag".

Please, help!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@JardelFlorencio that's a GPU error. Try updating your GPU drivers. 

• I´ve already done that.

It is very curious: why I cannot export files from HF 2017, but it works on the HF 2016? I have the same computador hardware. What´s new? :(

• edited May 2017

Hi, I'm having the same problem. On hitfilm express 2016 everything's ok, on hitfilm express 2017 I cannot export and the massage is the same. There are no updated drivers to download for my graphic card 

GL_INVALID_OPERATION - The specified operation is not allowed in the current state
    The offending command is ignored and has no other side effect than to set the error flag

• AdyAdy Staff

@JardelFlorencio & @HitFilm77102, can you please provide me with your system specs please?

CPU:
    GPU:
    RAM:

Thanks,
    Ady

• edited May 2017

Hello @Ady , these are my system specifications

CPU: INTEL CORE I7-2670QM 2,20GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon™ HD 7400M (1GB MEMORY)

RAM: 6 GB

• Hi, I am having the exact same problem.

My system specifications are:

CPU: Intel core i3.

GPU: NVidia GeForce GT 740M

RAM: 6GB.

Is this good enough, or is there anythingI need to update further?

• Hello,

I am having the exact same problem.

My system specifications are:

CPU: Intel core i7.

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series

RAM: 12GB.

I try 2 version of Express , but same problem dissapear. My GPU driver updated and I havent any issue similar programs. Only Hitfilm! Pls help us... Thx

• AdyAdy Staff

@LewisStein - Can you make sure that your drivers are up to date please? I have linked to the driver fro your system here - Nvidia Driver

@muratbulldomcom & @steaz - The Radeon HD 7600M & Radeon HD 7400M are on-board GPU chipsets correct? I'd need to see how they compare with our lowest supported chipsets. But if @muratbulldomcom can't even run HitFilm 2 with it, then I doubt there is much hope of it running Express 2017.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Ady the HD 7400M and 7600M are discrete laptop GPU's from 2012.

For a benchmark comparison of the 7400M vs Intel HD 4000: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-HD-4000-Mobile-125-GHz-vs-AMD-Radeon-HD-7400M/m7653vsm7817

For a benchmark comparison of the 7600M vs HD 4000: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-HD-4000-Mobile-125-GHz-vs-AMD-Radeon-HD-7600M/m7653vsm9552

The 7400M is substantially slower (about half the speed) than an Intel HD 4000 and may be under minimum spec. The 7600m is about 30-40% faster than an Intel HD 4000.

Spec for the 7400 are here: http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/notebook/7400m#

Notice that while a GDDR5 RAM bus is mentioned, I don't actually see any onboard RAM listed. I've been looking for the past 20 minutes, which I think exceeds my time allotment for this sort of thing. Passing the buck back to you. ;-)

• Ok, thank you. In a nutshell you mean that my experience in hitfilm will go on with hitfilm express 2016 unless I will purchase a more powerful machine and I'd better keep the old installation

• AdyAdy Staff

@muratbulldomcom & @steaz ;- Could you contact support here & attach your dxdiags for me please?

How to run a dxdiag report

Thanks,
    Ady

•  Solved thank you @Ady

• AdyAdy Staff

@Steaz - No problem! Glad we could get to the bottom of this for you.

Just for reference, if your system has multiple GPU's you may need to instruct your system to use the more powerful dedicated GPU when launching HitFilm.

In this instance Steaz system was using the Intel HD 3000 incorrectly, so they had to manually adjust this via the Catalyst Control Center.

(Picture for reference only)

As always if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us

Thanks,
    Ady

This discussion has been closed.