Hitfilm Express 2017 keeps freezing

Hi,

for example: when I import a clip in Hitfilm and try to move the playhead two or three frames to the right with the . key in the trimmer window Hitfilm freezes for about 20 seconds. At the moment the software is pretty much unusable for me because it freezes on almost every occasion.

Unfortunately Hitfilm 4 Express seems to behave the same since I installed Hitfilm Express 2017. So it might be a problem with my PC since yesterday but all other application are functioning just fine.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280x; 3GB RAM

GPU-Driver: latest recommended AMD driver (Radeon Software Version 17.4.4)

Comments

• edited May 24

I have the same problem, Hitfilm 4 express was fine, i installed Hitfilm Express 2017 as i wanted a bundle and it freezes often

• I have freezing problem too. When I add mp4 files the 2017 versions freezes and if in 15sec. Don't recover it becomes frozen forever. Not responding state. 

• Can you show me a link to one of your mp4 files as I want to import it into my Express 2017 and see?

• mine freezes whenever i try to create a new project.

my specs are:

16GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90GHz

GPU: Geforce 940MX

• edited August 29

Hi, you might be experiencing a feature that came into life in Hitfilm 2017, the auto syncing of video and audio on imported media where it is different (variable). Once your media is imported it should get quicker but if you have a lot or a long video it might take a while to sort itself out. If you want to test the performance of the software on your computer, try not using your media but use some of the built in effects on a new PLANE then see if that still has a problem, I suspect not.

Do you have details on what your media frame rate is? and the codec?

• Yep, me too have same problem and i am trying to find way to fix this.

• Same problem here. It was actually working fine initially but now doesn't perform well at all. Meanwhile, I put the same clips and edits in Movie Studio Platinum and it works fine.

• I have express 2017, and I have already imported everything, and done some editing, and then it stops, and the window is frozen. I think it may have something to do with the fact I have a 45 minute video imported. maybe.

I run macos 8gb ram, 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5.

• I am having the same issue as above, Intel i7, 16g ram, nvida 1060, fairly confidant it's not my pc. the file i am trying to edit is an mp4 and it s quite large

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment