Back to the future with a Tesla - a very short Project, made with Hifilm

https://youtu.be/KA-M-WQli4U

It is my second Project using  the incredible possibilities of Hitfilm in combination with my GH4 and the Blackmagic Video assist. Hope you enjoy it!

Comments

• Very nice clean images and good composition and sequence structure . 

if i may make a suggestion:  with your visual talents and abilities do something a lot deeper and meaningful about Tesla himself  = "Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." (Nikola Tesla)

what do you think he meant by this?  as an example.  something that artists have long understood  and the media and Elite have exploited.  

• Very cool. :)

• Overall this was a nicely done short. You captured the look of the car going back to the future, I liked your little in car moment when they get a bit scared, but felt this could of been extended with a incar time slip scene. The flames on the road (100% nailed it).

What didn't work so well was the missing relationship as to why the new guy with the car was willing to help the DOC. A simple reference to his reason would have cleared things up (say a photo of him and the Doc).

That all said, any published complete work is great.

• Very Nice!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

That was fun. 

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator

I think you pulled off your effects very well.  Love the Tesla acceleration sequence.  Really shows what us mere mortals can do with HF.  Good job! 

Only comment is the last shot with the people standing on the road over the fire trail. Wouldn't the person on the left be getting burned?

• CNKCNK
    edited May 9

Fantastic work!!

My only pet peeve is the audio sounding a bit muffled and distanced. I loved the visual effects, and I thought that the pacing was great too! I'm looking forward to part two, as it makes you really want to find out where they went. :D

• @HitFilmer266398 "Checking for roads where we're going... needed"

LOL

• @Hitfilmer266398 Really liked it! I'd love to know how you did the effects when the car takes off with the lightning and especially the fire!

•  Oh dear looks like your video got pulled?

• VERY VERY COOL !!!

• oh that was great...shame it was just a dream i was looking forward to the future lol....had me hooked

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

BTW--I'm assuming you're using the Blackmagic Video Assist 4K? I've been looking at that for myself. How's that working out for you in use?

• @Triem23: Yes, I use the 4k version. A great device. It allows you to work very precisely and to record in Highres format. But the two batteries hold unfortunately no more than one hour. And you need an extremely fast HDMI cable. But I do not want to miss the device any more. I highly recommend it.

• Awesome effects. New car, latest technology.

Sign in to comment