reverse flash vfx

Hey all, just thought I'd throw this little vfx test on the user gallery after seeing people request flash effects on the hitfilm show :) please check out my channel for other short vfx tests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAtz1fb_oPc

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Nice. Looks like you keyframed your own lightning rather than use Film Learnin's "Strike Pack for people who are too damn lazy to learn a lightning filter."

• @orangepeel Really nice effect. If you manage to make a tutorial, be sure to share it on here :)

• Seriously great job, I would love to see a full video and also maybe a tutorial. @triem23 I use the strike pack in one of my videos :(. Though I did use the Lightning effect from hitfilm at the start of the fight in my video.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@maui9 no insult intended. I actually have mixed opinions on the Film Learnin channel. Grant is likeable and knows his stuff. He explains things well. But by building off presets, his viewers are learning only how to composite that exact footage, which means every Flash video looks the same. Some Hitfilm tutorials are built around Grant's strike pack, and at that point it's really just using add blending. 

That's where my sarcasm is. By teaching users to USE the lightning effect you're not limited to Grant's colors and angles. You can make it custom and unique. And there's no point in redoing someone else's tutorial. Make it your own! 

So using your own lightning as well as the strike pack is a good thing. You can use Grant's presets if in a rush, but you're already doing custom looks. :-) 

• @triem23 I was really kidding. I do understand where you are coming from. That's why I enjoy following your channel or inscape cause I'll follow along and actually learn something. With grant since most of his stuff is on after effects i watch his stuff and then try to figure out how to do it on hitfilm, which I love to do. By the way congrats on the shout out today from hitfilm.

• I love it! :)

• nice, i like the effect but dude, if you want to make shorts, make shorts dont make ultimatums to your viewers its so off putting. i want to be impressed not emotionally blackmailed into "liking" your work. 

• @microamp yes I've  realised that and so I haven't done anything like that ever since ;)

Sign in to comment