Render / Export not working

Hi,

I try to export a Composite Shot with two 3d Models, two Particle Simulators, and various Lights. I always get an error at around 52% which says "Process finished unexpectedly" or at the very beginning which says "bad allocation". I also can´t make a Proxy.

Note: I´m using the latest version of Hitfilm Pro 2017.

Comments

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator

System specs?

• Intel I5-6400

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960

Windows 10

@Stargazer54

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Try going into "File>Options>Cache"  and clearing the cache? Failing that, you might try clearing the proxy directory. If you have a bad file in those directories problems can occur. 

How hefty are your sims? The viewer window has anti-aliasing off by default. When that's kicking in for export, it adds significant overhead to the render. It's possible you're overflowing the VRAM on your 960. There is no way to disable AA on export, so turn that down to the minimum 4xMSAA if it's not already there. 

• @Triem23

I cleared the cache and proxy directory. Also the anti-aliasing in turned off.

It´s still not working.

Please explain the last thing again, I´m not an expert at this.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator
    edited March 31

Triem23 is talking about going to File, Options and then setting the Default Antialiasing Mode to 4xMSAA.

If that doesn't fix it, then there might be a bug you are hitting.  Try changing parameters slightly in your particle simulator(s).  There is a lot of complex math going on, so your current set up could be tripping a memory leak or some other dreaded "boar head" that is emerging from the code.

But keep the original file that crashes. It might be worth sending that to support for the devs to look over.

Update: You can also set Anti-Aliasing Mode under the Project tab.

• AdyAdy Staff

@Malik_Patzold - As others have stated it might be a good idea to send us the Project if you haven't already?

It's the easiest way to replicate issues with Projects, you can contact support here if you haven't done so already & they will instruct you on how to get the files to us.

Thanks!

• In this forum here I had a problem with to much info in my comp and H4E says it is not responding! can I send that file to you guys (through what Ady's last comment says) so you can export it for me? All I need to do is have it exported! Thanks in advance :)

•  @HIS_Films ;

If For some reason that's beyond the scope of Hitfilm support, I would be happy to export your project for you.  Just send me a link to the needed files and the project file via the cloud storage you use for sharing.

• Hi,

I've shot a video in 4K and used Rocky Mountain converter on the files and made them prores422, proxy, h.264 and was able to edit with minimal lag and issues. But now the video is stuck "starting" the export and I really need this video over to my clients! My email is jacksonq08@gmail.com

• Ok I'm confused here. You say ProRes422, proxy and H.264. That's three different things so did you choose one of the three or mix all three? What's the workflow? Are there any messages other than starting? While you're answering, what are your system specs and OS?

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment