Installing Hitfilm (Windows) Update

Yes, it's out, it's up, it's ready for download! Congrats to FXHome, and all you eager Mac users! Enjoy your new toy!
For we Windows folks, I would like to clarify:
1) I assume we find our update by going to the "software" section under our forum user page.
2) I assume we can install the update over the old version and the installer will take care of the rest.
3) I assume that (for Vegas users) no further action is needed to maintain our Vegas integration.
Is this all correct?

Comments

• Well this seems like the proper update path, just trying out if it works... I'm a bit confused though as the win installer download has another version number (2.0.22 and some more digits) in it than the mac download (2.0.91)?
  • Installed correctly for me. My guess is the Windows version has a different version number because Windows and OSX are fundamentally different software--the Mac version would have to be a "from the ground up" re-code, thus it would have a "lower" version number because it has fewer iterations than the Windows.
    My install went smoothly, although, take note, the installer did want to but the new version in the Windows-default "Programs" folder, and I did have to manually point it at my "Studio" folder--so pay attention if you're a Windows user who put programs in custom locations.
    My Vegas integration is working, and I've glanced at the new CineStyle and Anamorphic Flares.
    I curse you, FXHome, for your software is distracting me while I'm supposed to be building final menu structure for a DVD that needs to be delivered in 5 hours.
  • Yeah that sounds plausible. Although the Mac version number is actually higher  :P 
    Everything went smooth for me too, only now my work laptop is acting up not being powerful enough to test anything out  :(
  • 1) Yup.
    2) Yup.
    3) Yup yup.
    Enjoy! :P
  • My problem is that it keeps telling me that I don't have any software to upgrade (When I clearly own Hitfilm 2 Ultimate), the Mac version download gave me zero issues. But on my PC it doesn't even act like such a thing exists. I do own the DVD version of the software if that matters (I don't think it does, because it didn't affect me downloading my Mac version). Thanks in advance for any help, oh and it is not a matter of me being out of updates either, as I started using this software at its most recent iteration.
  • This isn't an upgrade, under the "Your Software"-Section of the website just download the very normal HitFilm 2 installer again and run it.
  • Thanks so much, that makes sense (as this isn't considered a major upgrade). Thanks again.
  • Juniper - you can't upgrade from HitFilm 2, because that is the latest version.  What's being released right now is a free update, not an upgrade.  Just download the latest PC installer from your account and run it and you will be good to go: http://hitfilm.com/account/software
  • Juniper - you can't upgrade from HitFilm 2, because that is the latest version.  What's being released right now is a free update, not an upgrade.  Just download the latest PC installer from your account and run it and you will be good to go: http://hitfilm.com/account/software

Thanks Axel, Robin directed me in the same direction. Worked like a charm, that is why I love this community, everyone actually cares. Thanks so much to FXHOME for making my personal favorite piece of software I use! I also just posted in the DVXUSER forums that the software is available for Mac!! Everyone should have this in their toolkit. Off to go write and film something.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment