masking

the biggest problem  with hit film , although its a fantastic  piece of software and I couldn't live without it now  or make my movie . is

The masking tool the handle bars appearing half way through and movement you want to mask make it impossible to use big mistake.

putting handles on the masking tool  . when you click leaner that's fine but the damage is done, it cuts into and masking you are doing

Comments

• Making with Hitfilm is pretty awkward. I can create a quick mask and guarantee that when I come to adjust one of the points, it will decide that one of them is not linear but needs some handles on it because I was moving the mouse too quickly. So I have to Right Click and force it back to linear. 

The only solution is to make the mask very slowly, so that there is no dragging motion when you click that can be interpreted as "bezier" mask point. I'd prefer a key (CTRL, SHIFT, ALT?) to have to be held for that rather than having to go really slooowly for what is already a pretty tedious task.

Also being forced to select each point singly, instead of dragging a selection box around several of them is less than ideal, especially if you've been in mocha before and seen how that works, although using that for everything seems impractical.

You can select several points individually, CTRL+, or SHIFT+Click on each, then drag them as a group, and that does hold over several keyframes, but if you want to change several areas-  a few left points, then a few right points - it's no help as you have to keep on reselecting them on each frame.

• Thanks for the feedback guys, it really does help us make the software better. I've logged it internally to have a look later.

• Yeah, it can be pretty anoying. What I do is to drag the handles really far from the box, so it can be easily right-clicked and reset to linear. 

Of course, Ctrl (Cmd) + Z is also great help. 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment