'Mad on Mars'

Hi folks,

Here is a link to my first YouTube video - an upbeat film incorporating a wide range of special effects.

https://youtu.be/AREV2hqTEa0

I found Hitfilm4 express while taking a 'Future Learn' short course run by the National Film and Television School.

Mesh

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Fun stuff! 

• edited March 2

@zoo  Like an LSD flashback to my pre-teens in the late 60's!  And the early days of music videos on the Midnight Special in the 70's. .

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@tddavis LSD flashbacks to your PRE-TEENS?! Couldn't you wait until you late teens to get baked like the rest of us? ;-)

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

1965. The great San Francisco acid wave. I recall one night in a place called the Matrix. There I was. Mother of God, there I am! Holy f***! Uh...clearly I was a victim of the drug explosion - a natural street freak, just eating whatever came by.

• @Triem23   You missed the key word there "Like"  I was pretty precocious back then, but I wasn't that precocious. Guess I should have said,  "It was like..." 

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator
    edited March 3

@zoo The audio track is not my cup of tea, but it matches with the visual stimulation you've achieved.  You have some interesting elements going on in there.

The little models of people in the sand casting shadows and moving around was creepy and inspired, all at the same time.  Great experimental piece.

Thanks for dropping in and laying your work on us!

edited March 3

@Aladdin4D Wowza!   Sounds like there is a film there.  I know this artist named @zoo who can do the flashbacks.

@tddavis No kidding.  Midnight Special was the bomb.  First time I ever heard of Genesis was MS.  Gabriel came out with the bat hat and did "Watcher of the Skies".  Talk about blown away!  (did somebody say baked?)

• Very interesting, made me want to check out some Adult Swim ads they would do like these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IelE1241KGI

@Aladdin4D ; Doh!!

Should have realized that was a Gonzo reference. (hence that film has already been done)  But the book was better.

@FlyningBanana78 That was awesome! (still LMAO)

• Thanks for watching - great comments and clips.

Glad my little video inspired so much nostalgia! I did attend the opening night of the Hacienda club, guess it's hard to shake off...

So much to learn...

Sign in to comment