Auto Volumetrics Adds Artifacts to Video

Screencap on Google Drive

I have a composite shot with Auto Volumetrics applied to a Grade. There are line artifacts visible when the viewer is set to Half or Quarter resolution, but not Full.

In the Editor timeline, the artifacts still show up in Full resolution, and are there when I export the final video.

MacBook Pro 15" Retina Late 2013, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB, OSX El Capitan 10.11.5.

Comments

•  @inScapeDigital

Those lines are strange.  They look for all the world like old time film scratches which is impossible in the digital age.  The volumetric light rays look great however.

• @inScapeDigital I can't reproduce it here, could you please send us your video via support or PM? Does it happen when you drop the clip in the editor and add the auto volumetrics effect?

• edited March 2017

@CedricBonnier I opened up the project today and the streaks were gone. I'm not sure what I changed, do you still want me to send the video?

• @inScapeDigital Hmmm, if you can't reproduce it now it'll probably be really hard for us to replicate the issue. It may be a combination of different factors...

This discussion has been closed.