O'Murchadha Pictures Thread (PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK!!!!)

2»

Comments

• Getting better with every take.

• I now have a video on hand when someone asks me what software I use.

https://youtu.be/VfVvN3guaqo

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Heh. Glad to help. ;-) 

I think you should change the fill gradient to greens since most of your channel branding is green. 

• @Triem23 I did think of that, but the orange kept coming out as yellow and I wasn't getting the white glow from the tutorial. 

Still, I'll keep tinkering with it.

This tutorial even gave me an idea how to get 3D Text effects that I guess can only be done in Pro.

Hitfilm Sensei has a tutorial on psuedo 3D text in Express. Or, look at Parallax and Caustics. Both of those use height maps that can generate 3Dish text in Express. The 3D Extrusion effect is in the Starter Pack add-on, so there are several ways to make 3D text effects in Express. 

Oh, if messing with the look from yesterday's tutorial, remember, you can keyframe gradient colors, so if you keyframe the gradient's colors from white/white to green/black (or anything else) as the glow widens, you can always get a white glare. 

Yeah, that's a better color scheme for your channel. Good audio edit, too. 

• https://youtu.be/VzKtRc8NySs

Had the idea of using the glitchy rewind effect for a skit sometime down the road, but I wanted to see if I could make it myself just in HitFilm Express.

I took what Javert did for his Glitch Distortion and applied it to this,

• It's a good start, but could use some improvement.

The overlaid lines are a good start, but there should be more of them, thinner and packed more closely together.  I feel they should also be contained within your letterboxed footage, whereas right now they go beyond it.

The distortion these lines create on your reversed footage is too subtle  It should be more exaggerated.  I would even go so far as to suggest that you use one density of lines for the overlay, and an even more densely packed version for the displacement effect, so that even between the visible lines there is still distortion.

• edited September 2017

Wow that really looks nice.

• Side thought, are you green screen, becuase the first few frames there is no-one in the background then when you start waving the green sword around they all appear?

• @Andy001z Not a green screen. It's the back patio of the Marriott where we filmed during a convention that filled up with people really quickly. 

• Much better!  Adding the white noise to it was also a good touch.

• edited September 2017

Well, you've got Hitfilm and a locked off camera... Looks like a case of a partial cleanplate created from sections taken from the first part (same place,  just panned across by the look of it) painstakingly masked over the second part to remove the people who appeared between shots to me. :)

Although you might not need to do it for your test, it's a perfect example (and pretty small) to practice with for when you do want to do it on something larger. ;)

Sign in to comment