Live music video

Here's my first HitFilm project. Two live cameras plus a night shoot for some extra imagery. I haven't learned HitFilm's titling features yet, so I created some png files in PhotoShop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTP5JaegNM0&feature=em-upload_owner

Comments

• @mistergarth  Good solid editing...very smooth cuts.  I thought the titles were just fine without all the elaborate 3D extrusions and such and a great workaround way to do them as well.  Stick with HItfilm and as your ability grows you'll be adding things like particle embers and such to the strings like I saw in a tutorial or promo for Hitfilm.  Oh, and the music was excellent too.

• Dude . l. . . I am so mellow now . . . .

@mistergarth Seriously.  Nicely done!  Nice and clean.

Love the "vintage" RCA 74B mic. (and the dog walking thru).

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Sometimes you just need two cameras, a simple, clean edit and a good song. 

• Impressive song and video!

• Newbie technical question.

I have tried to create a music video today in a similar way, but can't get the video and audio to line up.

I have had the editor to its maximum size to view the waveforms but it has reached a point where I am always a few millseconds late or early, which means my guitar playing and singing are out of time.

I turned off snapping to try and make it more simple - I've even tried editing the files in Reaper, to get them a bit closer, but still, no cigar. Any tips/ settings that I'm not aware of, please?  It feels like I have reached the limits of the editing, but that seems ludicrous whenI look at what others are doing (including you).

I am using the basic Hitfilm Express, and this is my first ever attempt.

Any help appreciated.

Sign in to comment