Short horror movie

Hi :)

Here is a short movie I shot and edited at home today. This is my first project edited entirely in Hitfilm Pro, I had a good time playing with the ripple edit tool :)

Music by me !

https://youtu.be/PO5PsXofzAE

Comments

• Nice and tight piece!   Almost wanted some red eyes or fangs at the end.  Well edited.  Your music cues are great.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

What Stargazer said! Well shot, well edited, good music, and I actually like that the very last shot is "anti-climactic" in that you didn't do a silly jump scare or fast motion thing. It's very effective that it's... A woman. 

• @stargazer actually she has blue eyes and I used a tracked grade to make them black, and there is a pro skin effect to polish her skin and make it a bit unnatural.

Thanks for your good feedback :)

• Great movie, really liked the soundtrack to it, good editing gave it a good scare feel too, well done keep up making them bud.

• I strongly believe that a camera pan opening would improve your short very much. If your set is still available to you, I would definitely add that.

It feels more like an introduction to a documentary than setting the mood right away with a slow pan.

Of course this is my own opinion.

Other than that I liked it very much. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you, I was entertained all the way through! Lovely acting, camera work (although a bit too shaky for my taste in the opening) and sound design!

• Yeah the set is still available, since I shot this at home :)

Some panning and travelling would be great, I agree, but I wanted to shoot quickly and as the camera operator in the first shots was my wife (the witch...), it is a bit shaky :) btw I had to put a slight shake effect on the third hand and candles shots to match this, as they were taken on a tripod.

Thanks for the sound design appreciation, I had a real fun at this point, stacking  my weirdest samples and instruments :) Everything was recorded in post (even my own voice). If you didn't do it, try to listen to this movie with headphones...

Sign in to comment