Plugin Missing

edited January 2017 in Pro Support

So I opened up a few older projects in 4 Pro from Aug of 2016 and I get an error message "Plugin Missing" - 

https://goo.gl/cPuqol

a) - I have all plugins installed from day one.
b)- I find it strange that Hitfilm doesn't t name the missing plugin?

Any ideas how to find the plugin error?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Wow, that's odd. Usually that's the error message one would het opening a Pro project in Express (that used locked features). 

This one is probably going to need Staff,  Greg. Only thing I can think of is trying an uninstall/reinstall. 

• I wonder if this might be because of a renamed effect like Environment Map Viewer being renamed to 360 Video Viewer

edited January 2017

@Aladdin4d possible, but I've loaded up older projects that used that particular filter in 2017 with no issues. 

EDIT: Just to verify, I went ahead and re-reloaded a HF3 project using Environment Map Viewer. It did load up in HF2017. Doesn't mean @Aladdin4d isn't on to something with changed effects names--just that Environment Map Viewer/360 Video Viewer doesn't have that issue.

Interestingly enough the project imports to Hitfilm with the Environment Map Viewer RETAINING that name. Searching for Environment Map Viewer in the Effects Panel brings up 360 Video Viewer. For that particular effect, both names are in the code somewhere....

• edited January 2017

I haven't upgraded yet, still at 4, so can't be a naming issue. 

This is a first time thing for sure - install on the Mac has been solid since day one.

Funny thing is I can't see what changed about the video I produced months ago.  Looking through what I did use it's just things like quad warp, curves, chroma key, exposure, blurs, light flares and levels. Standard plugins....that all still seem to be working. 

Puzzling. I'll check with support next week.

• @Triem23 I haven't had a problem either but we're both Windows users and Greg is using OS X so I tossed it out as a possibility

edited January 2017

@Aladdin4d True and Fair enough. :-)

Greg, you don't have any third party effects--NewBlue, Red Giant Universe--or effects demos you might have uninstalled, do you?

• Mike, no 3rd party plugins at all. Being that HF doesn't tell you what plugin and then just removes it is kinda of a bummer. Be nice if the message identified the plugin.

Oh... and since I'm the new owner of a smoking HOT PC, named Pepe, I moved the project over there and re-opened. Same result...plugin error. I am missing 2 media that were lost and I'am prompted to relink them but can't because they gone but that couldn't be whats causing the plugin error.

Anywho...I looked again at the completed render and I can't see any difference between the project file and the final. Like I say puzzling....but not a show stopper.

TK

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment