WHITE NOISE reduction?

Is it possible to reduce WHITE NOISE from the audio in HitFilm Express? Sometimes the audio has a lot of noise despite having good equipment.

Comments

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator
    edited December 2016

If I remember right you need the Repair Pack to get Noise Reduction. It's one of the expensive packs so if all you need is audio noise reduction you might want to try Audacity instead. It's free and includes noise reduction. If you add the FFMpeg import/export plugin you can read the audio straight from your clips without having to extract anything first.

On the other hand if you think you might need video noise reduction at some point too then the Repair Pack is a bargain. The Denoise plugin is outstanding and the cost of the Repair Pack is about half the cost of the next best commercial option.  

• Thank you for the tips  !!!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited December 2016

@Aladdin4d oops, accidental bad advice. The Noise Reduction in the Repair Pack is for video noise, not audio. @JasminaAquarellina , you might not want to buy that yet! 

Hitfilm 4E has no tools at all to reduce audio noise. 

Jasmina, try Aladdin's suggestions about Audacity, etc. 

Nope, Aladdin is totally correct, and I was possessed by an idiot. Carry on! 

• @JasminaAquarellina Just to clarify, the repair pack contains the "Noise Reduction" effect that cleans up audio and the "Denoise" that cleans up video. Otherwise, what @Aladdin4d said :)

• It's ok I haven't bought anything but I have downloaded Audicity, gonna try it. 

Thanks

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment