Split Media and audio Trac k

Hi

I record the sound in my camera with the media  when I'm making a film shot. Is there anyway of splitting the track in HitFilm 4 Express so the Media and Audio play back on separate tracks.

Thank you

Michael

Comments

•  @MichaelBlount   In the Editor mode you can unlink the audio from the video and move it around, but I wasn't able to figure out how to do it in a Composite shot and if I unlinked them in editor and then created a composite they were linked again.  Perhaps (and most likely) there is someone more knowledgeable than I that can definitively answer the question about Composites and unlinking the audio. 

• @tddavis as far as I can see you can't "unlink" audio and video in the compositor, (only in the editor) but here's what you can do instead:

Duplicate the layer. On one layer, mute the audio (In the layer properties). On the other, set opacity to 0%. You now have one layer that has audio, but no video, and another which has video, but no audio.

• @JMcAllister  Well, DUH!  I'm so dense about this stuff sometimes.  That is the perfect solution for the Compositor issue.  The more I read the forums I realize that thinking of the "outside the box solution" is the best in HF and it has so many ways of getting to the same results that it is truly versatile that way.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment