HitFilm Pro 2017 Crashing on Exit

edited December 2016 in Pro Support

Since I'm here tonight/this morning (wee hours here in N. Idaho), I have been having a crash issue with HitFilm Pro 2017 that I'm not finding mentioned.  It crashes on exit 9 times out of 10. Not sure why.  Even when I've got nothing started in it, just open the program and then exit.  I'm been sending some of the crash reports to you. It's worrisome. Anyone have an idea of what it happening? HitFilm 4 Pro never fusses or crashes, at all, but HitFilm Pro 2017 has done it from the time of install. The only time I've had it not crash is when I close out a file I'm working on by hitting New, then waiting ten minutes or so, then closing it.  But, even then, that only works intermittently, maybe twice for 8 opens and exits.

UPDATE 1:  Whoo-hooooo! With the update, HitFilm Pro 2017 didn't crash on exit.  (I only tried it once, so far, but maybe that problem for me is now over.) Thanks.

UPDATE 2:  Okay. I lied. It doesn't crash on Exit WHEN I haven't SAVED a project or SAVED AS a project.  It crashed after saving a project that's been changed or saving an existing project as a different file name.  It does not crash now, anymore, if I preview a previously saved file, make changes to a previously saved file, but discard those changes.  I haven't tried saving a file, then hitting New, then exiting, so I don't know if it will crash or not with that. I did send the crash report just now.

UPDATE 3:  Here's what Windows wants to send Microsoft on the problem (I'm guessing that something in HitFilm Pro 2017 doesn't like that I changed the default pointers. Am I right? I'm running a stripped of extraneous Microsoft crap Win7Pro 64bit OS on a custom built machine that's coming on two years old and runs with no issues whatsoever. When looking for the below-mentioned files, they are not found.  Probably went to Microsoft with the send, I guess.) :

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\Dawn\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4BD0.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Dawn\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5053.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Dawn\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5276.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Comments

• UPDATE: It's no longer doing this all the time. It's only doing it if I don't save the file and have to do a hasty exit.  So, either Hitfilm did a stealth patch or else something settled down somewhere. 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment