Video Render Problem (Resolved It Myself, No Proxies Allowed)

edited December 2016 in Pro Support

I'm trying to render out some 2 minutes of the first small part of our performance video, and something weird is happening. (See Screenshot).  The video plays fine in HitFilm Pro 2017. Exporting it, though, even with the default YouTube settings results in this.  We rendered out the rough version of this with no problem, but, now, this is happening. I've tried 3 times, saving to different drives. It always does the same thing. The rough version, which you can find here, was also done with HitFilm Pro 2017. I still have  HitFilm 4 Pro on the machine, but it won't import the 2017 file version, so I'm rather stuck

ScreenShot: https://www.zentao.com/ProblemWithVideo.jpg

Here's the first test render and it works and looks fine...except that it was a rough-out to see if it would work. Now that we have the refined video, it won't render.
https://www.zentao.com/GoodbyeBrickTest_11-17-2016.mp4

Comments

• ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The only thing that's changed is that I changed the default settings thusly:

HitFilm Pro 2017

Database: C:\Users\Dawn\AppData\Local\FXHOME\HitFilm Pro 2017\cache\Media\cache.db
    changed to:
    E:\FXHOME\HitFilm Pro 2017\cache\Media\cache.db

cache: C:\Users\Dawn\AppData\Local\FXHOME\HitFilm Pro 2017\cache\Media\Files
    changed to:
    E:\FXHOME\HitFilm Pro 2017\cache\Media\Files

PROXIES
    C:\Users\Dawn\AppData\Local\FXHOME\HitFilm Pro 2017\Proxies
    changed to:
    E:\FXHOME\HitFilm Pro 2017\Proxies

AUTOSAVE
    E:/FXHOME/HitFilm Pro 2017/AutoSave

• Never mind. I got it to render by reverting to the version of the file with no proxies in it. I don't know why the one with proxies made to shorten render time doesn't work, but I've learned my lesson. Do not use proxies on a performance video, I guess. Sorry to bother you all.

• Did you change the proxy folders before or after creating proxies? It's an odd glitch, but I can only say I've not had proxy issues at my end. 

• edited December 2016

@Triem23 : No. I changed the pointers before starting both versions of the file.  The only thing that is different between the two files was that I wanted to test using proxies because I watched one of your video tutorials on it and how much rendering time it saves. 

A file that was saved using the default pointers to C Drive also rendered out fine.  All I did was bring it in, changed each imported media file location using right click and the command for that, and it displayed and rendered without a glitch. That's why I was so confused about this.  On a whim, I decided to try the file without any proxies and was hugely relieved when it worked...because my husband spent quite a bit of time syncing the audio file to his finger movement on the guitar.  He would not have been pleased had it been corrupted and unuseable. :D  Whew. 

• edited December 2016

@Triem23 : The unproxied file works. What I did with the file that only rendered the lower left quadrant of the video, placing it in the upper right quadrant, was proxy the layers, because this uses a whole bunch of video clips, layered over one another.

• @Triem23 Proxies don't work properly in HF4 under some circumstances - might have carried over to HFP2017.  I'll make that video I've been putting off.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment