Not having much luck with animated FBX import.

I have an animated model I have exported to FBX from FUSE. I can load it up into WebAnimate and it animates perfectly. I try to load it into HFP 2017 and it loads the 3D object as well as a 3D animation object but it does not appear there is actually any animation data in there to manipulate. it shows nothing under Models>Animations... ?

Comments

• @Gulfracer - Have you applied the animation to the 3D Model by dragging the animation file to the Animations Property on the 3D Model?

Please see my screenshot below which might explain things better, the item highlighted is what you drag to the 3D Model. :)

.FBX Import

• I have uploaded my model and animation into hitfilm 2017 and it still did nothing...

• I think I followed the correct procedure, but no luck either...

I exported an Fbx from cheetah 3D...

(this was going to be THE feature that was going to convince me to upgrade)

• @andersen01498 & @Filipc - Sorry you aren't having much luck! Could you post links to the .FBX files you've tried so I can test them here in the Office?

There might be something here, but hard to give a definitive answer or fix the issue if we cannot see it.

• How do I send links, I'm not much of a  technical person 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited November 2016

If it's a straight website link just paste it here:

Like http://www.turbosquid.com/

• @Andersen01498 have you got Dropbox or Google drive or any other similar service?

• Yes I do, I have Google Drive 

• DanielGWoodDanielGWood Staff
    edited November 2016

Please refer to these instructions from Google Drive to "share using a link" to the file: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?source=gsearch&hl=en

Basically you put the .FBX files you're using somewhere in your Drive, then follow their instructions to make just that file publicly viewable. At the end of the process you'll get a link you can paste in here.

If it is a commercial (paid for) model, or something you'd rather not share publicly, please email us at support@hitfilm.com with the link instead - bear in mind that if you do post the link to the file on the Forums, anybody can download it.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment