[NEW BLOG POST] HitFilm Pro 2017. It's here.

We’re not kidding when we say that this is the biggest upgrade to HitFilm we have ever released. And if that wasn’t enough of a challenge for our team, we’ve topped it off with a brand new website, packed with beautiful imagery, videos and rip-roaring content . . .  
[Read more]

Let us know what you think!

Comments

• CNKCNK
    edited November 2016

I love you guys. 

• edited November 2016

Just downloaded it. Looking good. Some really nice new features. Especially the full screen view for the editor and the increased RAM preview. Am I correct in saying that the Boris FX stuff is not enabled in the demo? 

One thing I am still missing is Expressions and more elements that can be animated (like text parameters).... But,  I am guessing that this is not a feature that's needed by the majority of the folks, and that's cool. 

All-in-all, great update, and congratulations to the team!

• Thanks @CNK - and @new3dmus, you're absolutely correct - BorisFX is not included in the demo version. Hope that helps (and thank you for the kind words!)

• How exciting! I can't wait to dive into it.

• Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. 

We can't wait to see what you create with the software and by all means keep the feature ideas coming - always looking to improve the software inline with what the community wants.

• I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I saw the announcement.  Can't wait to Begin using this new version and it was Perfect timing as I was about to start a new project for a Real Estate company. Thanks as always for producing a great product and improving it based on customers needs and wants!  You guys are awesome. :)

• I'm upgrading right away!

P.S.

Is there any chance you'll add expressions someday?

• Excited to check it out! 

I'm dreading asking again since I've been for several versions now with no luck, but I'll cringe and try again: visible audio waveforms in the comps finally.....?

• http://hitfilm.com/pro/whats-new

It mentions openexr import and export. Does hf now support openexr buffers/aov?

And should we wait for Blackfriday deals? :D

• edited November 2016

It's really a lot of things and this sw appear to be more pro at every iteration.

Unfortunately the only really useful tool for my personal needs will be Boris FX, I suppose this is a sign I'm really not a pro user!

• Congrats to FXhome for another outstanding release!!! The devs have really outdone themselves!!!

•  Am I reading this correctly: with the new 360˚ video transform & viewer function mentioned, is it now possible to output 360˚ video as an equirectangular view? 

Can someone on staff confirm this please?

• edited November 2016

@Har We hear you. :) Waveforms in the comps is high on our priority list, we're working on how we can visually do this in the UI. It will happen, just not quite yet.

• sick update! def will be upgrading! have you got any loyal customer discounts?

Was really hoping for a rotobrush type tool, guess I gotta keep AE around for awhile longer.

• Congratulations on the new launch! There are features in there that surprise me, and I was a beta tester! (Cineform export?)  

• @Arek Expressions is something we've always wanted to add (since HitFilm 1) but it is a complicated feature and needs to be done right. We're always changing priority of new features depending on user input so it is likely to come in the future, however I cannot say when...

@Har Waveforms in composite shots is high on the priority list ;)

@chibi HitFilm Pro 2017 adds support for 32-bit OpenEXR, not for OpenEXR buffers/aov, sorry.

Regarding HitFilm price and potential Black Friday deals, it depends if people are existing users or not. If you are upgrading HitFilm, you need to buy the upgrade to HitFilm Pro 2017 within the first 30 days to take advantage of the launch promotion. Our Thanksgiving sale doesn't discount HitFilm Pro 2017 but new users will find that our Thanksgiving prices are already on the store.

@littletonmiller The new 360 Video effects allow you to import Equirectangular videos, unwarp it in the Viewer and rotate the camera. This is useful to check that the effect is rendering as you want it to be shown when viewed. The new 360 Text effects allows you to add text in an equirectangular video. All the existing 2D effects will work but not necessarily as you intend (for example if you add a flare effect, it will be distorted with the video). We didn't add a 360 camera type yet so you won't be able to create 3D scenes and export that as an equirectangular video I'm afraid.

Saying that, you can download the demo, play with it and if you have any suggestions, please come and say them here. We are always happy to get feedback, either good or bad. If it's negative, please explain what you are trying to do and why it doesn't work for you.

@Triem23 Yep, and you don't need to install GoPro Cineform or GoPro Studio anymore, CFHD import and export all works out of the box in HitFilm Pro 2017 ;)

• Just upgraded from HitFilm Pro 3. 

Do we have to install the IgnitePro if we are only using HF?  I am confused if both have to be installed or if IgnitePro Features are included already?

• Dumb question.. Is there a way to scale the video and or audio editor panels vertically to make them bigger?  

• Job well done.  I imagine that there will be more than few questions regarding "where did Mocha go?"   I found it in the Effects list.

• edited November 2016

@Idrankwhat No, Ignite Pro is only for using HitFilm effects in other programs. Not all plugins are available in every program, you can see what plugin is compatible with what software on this page.

Just to be sure I am clear, if you install HitFilm Pro 2017, you have every single effect that is in Ignite Pro, you just have to use HitFilm.

If you are using another program (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut, Resolve, Vegas, etc.), then you need to install Ignite Pro. If you aren't using any other program then you don't need to install Ignite Pro :)

• Aw, man, I just upgraded 4 months ago.  Had no idea another version would be coming out so soon.  Looks great, but guess I have to pass on this one...

• @CodeDog   Yes, it seems the new releases are around this date over last few years 17th / 18th of November.  

• @CedricBonnier   Thank you, I won't install the IgnitePro download then.

• @LIFE_LEADERSHIP Have a look at the audio and video tracks help manual page, chapter "Changing the appearance of tracks".

You need to click that arrow under the track list to bring the track size menu. We know that this icon is easily missed and will try to improve the workflow to resize tracks in the future.

Change Track size

• in regards to the magic bullet looks bundle is it the new magic bullet looks 4? 

also would magic bullet work inside both AE and Hitfilm, because on the red giant site it doesn't list hitfilm as a host.

• @lifo Yes, it is the new Magic Bullet looks 4. HitFilm Pro 2017 isn't listed as a compatible host probably because it's too soon and Red Giant hasn't updated their website yet.

• Wow! Just discovered that blog post this morning...

This is an update that rivals the scale of Resolve 12!

And support for VR? Sweet!

Since HitFilm now handles 8K, does that by any chance mean that it can ingest 8K R3D file?

• @CedricBonnier

i'm currently on hitfilm 4 pro

so if I upgrade to the magic bullet looks bundle i get:

hitfilm pro 2017, ignite pro 2017 and magic bullet looks 4

it's not clear in the store

• @lifo Are you connected to your account when you went to the store? This page should show you every possible upgrade path.

• @CedricBonnier

yes i'm logged in. it says 'you can upgrade for less' but it didn't state explicity what was in the bundle

i just wanted to confirm that I get all 3 items

hitfilm pro 2017, ignite pro 2017 and magic bullet looks 4

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment