Changing mask

Is there a way to move a point of a mask or change it some other way? So for example having a point of a mask and having it parented to a tracked point or keyframing it? (Or anything that would achieve a similiar effect? Preferably in Express! 
FYI: I am an absolute noob and am only editing for fun, so I hope I can find help :)

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Open up the mask properties until you find the "path" property. There will be a little grey circle next to it. Click the circle, it turns blue. Now you can move points to new positions on different frames.

You cannot link a mask, or individual mask points to a tracked point.

However there's a workaround. Track point. Create a white plane above video and parent to tracked point. Lower the opacity of this layer to see the video. Mask/roto on the white plane. Copy the white plane and tracked point to their own Composite Shot. Bring this Composite Shot back into your main comp, and mute/hide the embedded composite. Apply a Set Matte effect to the layer you want to mask. Select your embedded comp a Source layer and set Matte type to Alpha, Mode to Replace. 

• Thanks a lot! Just what I was looking for!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

You're welcome. This is one of the most helpful forums you're gonna find. We have tons of helpful users here sharing tips (and tutorials), my fellow Moderators kick ass, and the actual Staff are actively answering questions as well.

Welcome to Hitfilming. :-) 

• I've had amazing experiences with it :) Love the software, looking forward to using it a lot more.

Sign in to comment