Nvidia gtx 960 error

edited October 2016 in Pro Support

Before today my graphics card was an Nvidia gt 720 with 2gb of ram. Earlier today I got an Nvidia gtx 960 with 2gb of ram. However when I open a project file now I get the following error, "Your video card does not have enough memory to support a resolution of 1920 x 1080 with 16-bit color and 16xQ CSAA antialiasing mode". Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Have you ensured that you installed the latest drivers directly from the Nvidia Site?     

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

There was also that update to the software a week or two ago. These GPU warning messages are new. They seem to be a little conservative. Still, in general lowering your AA settings is probably a good idea. User testing has determined that Hitfilm's Anti-Aliasing is global on output. This will soften your image at high AA levels like 16 or 32. Lowering your AA from 16x to 8x will still provide plenty of AA, but will literally halve the work your GPU is doing. 

• Thank you for your help. The solution was to save the project file, close it and then reopen it. After that, the message disappeared.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment