No serial code for Hitfilm 3 Express

I just installed hitfilm express 3 today, did some work on it, went to export to find I need to activate it to export larger than 30 seconds. Problem is I never got a serial code because I downloaded it from the site without a need to create an account. So I'm pretty much stuck since it seems the site's pushing for the new gen.

Comments

• HitFilm 4 is just so much better, I would get that instead.

Any specific reason you want HitFilm 3?

• Well I have no idea how to even get 4, the navigation is just really confused.

• CNKCNK
    edited September 2016

https://hitfilm.com/express/heads-up

I agree, to get to the download is easily the most confusing thing I've come across so far, they have to change that...

I made a short video for all the steps if you're signing up (you can follow these steps without making a new account):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp2UyFxJwr0

• Hi @HideyoshiJun

Sorry to hear you had trouble activating Express. As CNK points out, 4 Express is newer and more powerful, and has replaced 3 Express.

Can I ask how you came to download 3 Express? While the path you followed sounds confusing, it is unusual for people to unintentionally find the older 3 Express installer since we try to direct them towards 4. We can't remove the 3 Express installer altogether, since there are a lot of people still using the older version, who need access to it.

Is there anything you would suggest changing to make it easier to get started with Express?

@CNK you mention the process to claim a serial is complicated, however (as shown in your video) every step of the process is explained on the screen as you go along. Is there anything in particular you would simplify?

I appreciate there are quite a few steps, but each is necessary. For example, you must create an account (unless you already have one), since this is what ties the serial code to you; we must validate your email address (in case you lose your password, so you can continue using your software).

• CNKCNK
    edited September 2016

Right, but there are multiple buttons that you have to press in order to get to the social sharing page, and from there it's also been confusing for people (and myself) what to do then. It's overhelming, which is why I think that you should have 1 button which leads to a page with text clearly stating "do you want to share HitFilm on social media?" or similar, and after a yes or no, you get to the sign up or login page.

First page: http://hitfilm.com/

Important information that I missed:

In ten years we'll be hearing the great filmmakers of the day talking about how they started on HitFilm.

Ryan Connolly, Film Riot

There's room for that quote on the top, and below it where it says:

We want everyone to make great movies!

Should be on the same page as: https://hitfilm.com/express

Right above "HITFILM 4 EXPRESS" would be a great place to place a quote:

"We want everyone to make great movies!"

-- HitFilm

On the third page: https://hitfilm.com/express/heads-up

Well, I don't like that page at all. The effects look fantastic, the information is fantastic, but people just want to get to the download! :)

The next page is the social sharing page, where before you see all of that, it should ask you if you would like to share HitFilm on social media, followed by a yes or a no button.

The reason for that is, I've seen many comments that are negative where people think you're forcing them to share your software on social media.

That's my idea of a perfect experience.

Hopefully it was detailed enough!

• Thanks, I will pass that on.

• i have tried everything to get serial code but couldnot get it, very confusing

• @sanghavi please go to https://hitfilm.com/express/rebellion#download and follow the onscreen instructions to get a license for HitFilm 4 Express. When you complete this process, including verifying the email address, a license will be added to your account. You can then activate Express using the dialog in the software.

• I just installed hitfilm express 3 today, did some work on it, went to export to find I need to activate it to export larger than 30 seconds. Problem is I never got a serial code because I downloaded it from the site without a need to create an account. So I'm pretty much stuck since it seems the site's pushing for the new gen.

• @vineeshv

HitFilm 3 Express serials are no longer being distributed, as it's an older version - 4 Express is newer and better. You can open your 3 Express files in 4 Express, so I would advise saving your 3 Express project, installing 4 Express (and activating it), then opening the project there and carrying on.

While it is possible to obtain the installers for all of our previous software versions, this is only to support customers who already have licenses for those products and wish to reactivate.

• hitfilm 4 express  not supported in my computer.so i want hitfilm 3 express serial key

• 18/6/2017 - I download hitfilm 3 express but in activation it get a serial code now i how to get today serial code for hit film 3 express.

before week i install hitfilm express 2017 but it did not work on my PC then i deactivated HF express 2017 and then I install HF 3 express it is not give serial code to activate HF 3 express.

Now i what to do ??? For on 19/6/2017 HitFilm 3 express activated software by serial code OR export video to other option it's only for youtube videos.

Please help me any one ... Thanks for read.....

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Bakul_Bhoi FXHOME is no longer issuing serials for Hitfilm 3. Also, Hitfilm 3 has the same minimum system requirements as Hitfilm 2017. Chances are it wouldn't run on your machine anyway. 

• edited June 19

@Triem23 Sir then i use HitFilm 3 express for making Youtube videos in demo version without serial code or without activating ???

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Bakul_Bhoi you'd be limited to 30 seconds at Standard Def

This discussion has been closed.